What are your top 5 dream model kits?

I know this thread didn't mention Mfgs. but, after Tamiya's recent releases, I couldn't help but add Tamiya as the Mfgr of choice!  Since I was 'wishing' figured I might as go ALL the WAY!!  LOL!!  They have set the new standard!

Bo

On 1/3/2019 at 8:05 PM, Kurt H. said:

These threads are fun once in a while. It is a great time to be an aircraft modeller, lots of  long neglected subjects are being kitted. In a perfect world, I would love to see the following as modern new tool kits, 90s Hasegawa quality or better

1/48 F-86H

1/48 Blackbird family

1/144 C-133

1/48 A-26K

1/48 thin wing RF-4B 

It is not my dream kit, but I really think the time is right for a new 1/48 B-17 ... Ultra super detailed like a Zoukie Mura kit. 

I also think it might be a good time for an all new tool 1/32  Phantom family.

Hi Kurt,

Looks like Roden is finally going to release their 1/144 C-133 that was announced a few years ago:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235048614-1144-douglas-c-133-cargomaster-by-roden-box-art-release-january-2019/

I'll be picking up one of these!  I need to hurry up and get on with my 1/144 Roden C-124...

-Derek

1.       A kit that was properly researched. So, that the finish model shape and surface match the real thing.

2.       A kit that its parts are well thought out. Joints and part seams are in logical location and does not require a ton of attention to properly finish. The same goes for how parts are laid out on the sprue.

3.       A kit that does not have access panel open. Just mold them shut and if one wants to open them, have them cut it open.

4.       A kit with clear and well thought out instructions. I wish some of the newer kit manufactures would take some time and study the instructions from any Tamiya kit. 

5.       With the knowledge and understanding of 1-4, a new tooled 1/48 scale F-111 series would be nice  :)

Steven

Edited by FAR148

Here´s mine:

1/48 Su-25

1/48 B-66B Destroyer

1/48 MiG-21MF Moscow plant (Eduards kits are Gorki built aircraft, which were only a few)

1/48 IA 58 Pucará (IIRC, Kinetic is working one one)

1/48 Harrier Gr. 1/3

1 hour ago, Patnab said:

1/35 AH-1G Cobra

1/35 OH-13S Sioux

1/35 OH-23 Raven

1/35 OH-6A Cayuse

1/35 OH-58 Kiowa

Aww, a helicopter man!! Did ya fly these?? The -23 is interesting. Has it ever been kitted?? I have about 3 hrs in one and don’t want any more!!  LOL Wasn’t rigged properly.

Bo

1 hour ago, jabow said:

Aww, a helicopter man!! Did ya fly these?? The -23 is interesting. Has it ever been kitted?? I have about 3 hrs in one and don’t want any more!!  LOL Wasn’t rigged properly.

Bo

Speaking of helicopters, how about a nice TH-55 in 1/35 scale?  I too would love an UH-12/OH-23 in 1/35 scale!

There was a 1/72 kit of both the UH-12 and TH-55 by Special Hobby but they are tiny and tough builds...

-Derek

Seeing a slew of Russian subjects recently released, I would like to see 

- Su-25 Frogfoot in both single and twin seat versions

I would also like to see from Tamiya 

- F-16D in both 1/48 & 1/32

- 1/32 Bf-109G

21 hours ago, jabow said:

Bo

Hi Bo,
No, I never flew on these helicopters. I have a PPL license but I only flew on planes. At fifteen I made my first solo on a Piper Cub J3, then I flew on Jodel 112, Jodel 120, and Morane Rallye. Flying on helicopters has always been a dream for me but it was far too expensive.
I flew twice as a squirrel passenger, an hour on an MD500E and, my best flight, half an hour over New York on the front left seat on a Long Ranger
So I flew RC helicopters. My first was the Schluter DS22 inspired by an Enstromm helicopter
O3vTKXm.jpg
TNim1O3.jpg
Sorry for my poor english
Greetings from France and by the way, Happy New Year !!!!!!!

OK, I can't resist a kit wishlist thread!  My list echoes many already on here:

All 1/48:

1. Su-30SM/MKI/MKM/MKA

2. Su-25

3. Mi-24/35

4. Ka-50/52

5. Su-57

(honorable mention:  F-111, H-60 Blackhawk family, A-10C, GWH Mig-29UB, Tamiya two-seat F-16s, and HB EA-6B)

Edited by Fighting Eighty-Four

Also, can't resist a wishlist...  So, all of the following in Tamiya/Hasegawa quality, injection molded plastic.  Preferably, with Steven's conditions met - maybe even the F-111 part! 😉

On 1/5/2019 at 4:17 PM, FAR148 said:

1.       A kit that was properly researched. So, that the finish model shape and surface match the real thing.

2.       A kit that its parts are well thought out. Joints and part seams are in logical location and does not require a ton of attention to properly finish. The same goes for how parts are laid out on the sprue.

3.       A kit that does not have access panel open. Just mold them shut and if one wants to open them, have them cut it open.

4.       A kit with clear and well thought out instructions. I wish some of the newer kit manufactures would take some time and study the instructions from any Tamiya kit. 

5.       With the knowledge and understanding of 1-4, a new tooled 1/48 scale F-111 series would be nice  🙂

Steven

1/48 Lockheed P2V/P-2 Neptune

1/48 OV-10A/D

1/48 Northrop Gamma, “Polar Star” or “Sky Chief”

1/48 Ford Trimotor

1/48 Attack Super Tomcat 21 / ASF-14

Can think of so many more but these five are a good start.

:cheers: and Happy Modeling, Bryan

22 hours ago, Patnab said:

Hi Bo,
No, I never flew on these helicopters. I have a PPL license but I only flew on planes. At fifteen I made my first solo on a Piper Cub J3, then I flew on Jodel 112, Jodel 120, and Morane Rallye. Flying on helicopters has always been a dream for me but it was far too expensive.
I flew twice as a squirrel passenger, an hour on an MD500E and, my best flight, half an hour over New York on the front left seat on a Long Ranger
So I flew RC helicopters. My first was the Schluter DS22 inspired by an Enstromm helicopter
O3vTKXm.jpg
TNim1O3.jpg
Sorry for my poor english
Greetings from France and by the way, Happy New Year !!!!!!!

Your English is a lot better than my French.

The Army taught me to fly helicopters. Can you do the same in France??