What are your top 5 dream model kits?

On 1/15/2019 at 4:25 PM, jabow said:

Yes.  There is an issue with the Control Tubes on the Rotor Head that needs fixed; but, ....... it the best in any scale.

Thanks, Bo.

I've got one KH kit coming from China. Had the Italeri 1/48 kit and it looked quite awkward, shapewise.

Didn't like it at all.

Cheers,

Onigiri

PS: By the way, I also want a manufacturer to do an injection-moulded 1/48 Fokker F-28 Mk1000 kit. :thumbsup:

On 1/15/2019 at 10:01 AM, foxmulder_ms said:

In an alternate universe, it is F-23 killer. LOL 🙂

I would love to park it next to my YF-23 model. It is supposed to be almost as big as that one. 

i42-012.jpg

i42-002.jpg

It had cool engines too:

i42-010.jpg

Looks like a MiG-29 and a Eurofighter Typhoon had a baby jet.

Not an aircraft kit, but I'd love to see a modern US Carrier display base to display models on. A few different sections of the carrier deck that could be combined together if you wanted to make a bigger display, or be used individually for a single aircraft. I've seen a few that have been scratch built that look awesome.

On 1/4/2019 at 1:04 AM, habu2 said:

1. Tamiya 1/48 F-16B/D

2. Tamiya 1/48 F-16B/D

3. Tamiya 1/48 F-16B/D

4. Tamiya 1/48 F-16B/D

5. Tamiya 1/48 F-16B/D

Word! 

My own list: 
Tamiya 1/48 F-16A

Tamiya 1/48 F-16B/D 

1/48 King Air 200/300/350 civil and military versions 

1/48 DHC6 Twin Otter civilian and military versions, blunt and long noses 

1/48 OA-4M from Hasegawa or Hobby Boss (or both 😎 ) 

23 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

You don't like the Trumpeter kit?

I have the Trumpy kit. It is terrible. There are innumerable reviews online, do a search. A friend of mine worked on them while in the Navy and he also has the kit, he agrees. Lots wrong with it. I even went ahead and bought the Cutting Edge "correction" sets,(yes plural) for it. The forward fuselage set actually does little to correct the issues with the forward fuselage. In fact they are almost exactly like the kit's parts. (shame on CE for selling this piece of garbage). If anything, it creates more build issues as the canopies do not fit and need to be endlessly sanded to get them even close to fitting (there is no way to attach the canopies open if you like. Both the kit and the resin set leave that up to you to scratch build the mechanism and offer no drawings on how to do that). The effort to cut, attach then fill in the seams of the resin parts to mate to the rest of the fuselage, for realistically no improvement, makes them just a useless and expensive waste of money. The kit itself has terrible molding issues. Uneven mating surfaces, slide mold seams that are cliff like or trench like. Molding quality on a scale of 1 to 10 is about a 3.  

The kit itself is a mash up between the early and late versions with features of both. To correct that, the Cutting Edge intake sets (2 versions, early and late) and fin/exhaust correction sets are useful and help. I also bought the Black Box cockpit set. Save your money and use the kit cockpit. It is not too bad as is when compared to the BB set.

The unfortunate part is that any model company that makes quality kits will never manufacture one now since this one is still out there polluting the market.   

8 minutes ago, jpk said:

I have the Trumpy kit. It is terrible. There are innumerable reviews online, do a search

I have the kit, also.  Other than the canopy and intake shapes (Cutting Edge to the rescue), it's been fairly well reviewed over the years in my recollection.

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

I have the kit, also.  Other than the canopy and intake shapes (Cutting Edge to the rescue), it's been fairly well reviewed over the years in my recollection.

If you like the kit then it is a good kit, for you. CE did do well to correct the intakes by giving you the selection of early v late. The fin correction was a bit of a waste as all you had to do was sand the fin tip to the correct shape. The weapons bay correction was actually good. The CE forward fuselage correction set was a waste of money. Like I said, it corrected nothing and was for all intents and purposes not much if any better than what was kitted by Trumpy. The whole spine hump is wrong in the kit and because of that it throws the shape off for the forward fuselage.  I don't recall any good reviews of the kit. I bought it when it first came out. Google RA-5C photos Pima Air Museum and photos clearly show the very visible issues with the fuselage of the Trump kit.

I have always liked the Hasegawa Storch in 1/32, and still have a couple left. Yet I'd love a new super detailed one in 32nd scale. Plus a new Lysander in the same scale with all the Special Duties equipment. I think Tamiya ought to get off the bent wing kick, and do the P40 series aircraft. We got a million Spitfires and Mustangs, but no really good P40's.

Gary

13 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

I think Tamiya ought to get off the bent wing kick, and do the P40 series aircraft. We got a million Spitfires and Mustangs, but no really good P40's.

:woot.gif: Gary, relax...!!!

If we're speaking about 1/48, then the Hasegawa P-40s are excellent kits. I've had the Otaki/Arii and AMT kits, which are a joke by comparison. The DOC bits are an awesome addition to the Hasegawa kits. Only wish they had the option for deployed flaps.

Cheers,

Onigiri 

9 hours ago, Niels said:

Hasegawa missed out on providing the P-40F - the only version of this was by AMT originally, later reboxed by HobbyCraft I believe. 

Hola, Niels

But there's a good resin conversion set to do a P-40F using the Hasegawa kits as a basis, which are by far the best kits to base on.

And how about an accurate 1/48 Mil Mi-24/25 kit to build it in Slovak service? Anyone?

Cheers,

Onigiri

17 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

:woot.gif: Gary, relax...!!!

If we're speaking about 1/48, then the Hasegawa P-40s are excellent kits. I've had the Otaki/Arii and AMT kits, which are a joke by comparison. The DOC bits are an awesome addition to the Hasegawa kits. Only wish they had the option for deployed flaps.

Cheers,

Onigiri 

I meant 1/32 scale. Sorry for misleading you. 

Glt

• 2 weeks later...