All,

My father-in-law (wife's dad) passed away over the Holidays.  While we were going through his stuff, we found a picture of him dressed in what I thought may have been an US Army uniform.  My wife's oldest brother said the picture was from him in the service with no branch of service specified.  He said that their dad was drafted but during his induction, it was discovered that he had 3 small children at home and he was basically excused/dismissed from military service.  The family is wanting to know more about his brief service.  Her brother said he was drafted and the time frame would have been some time in the early 1950's.  An educated guess on my part is that there was a draft around the time of the Korean conflict and the branch of service was most likely the US Army.  So we need you folks out there to  help us out with the founding out more information about his service.  Thanks for all the information!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

• 3 weeks later...

I would if I could, but ARC will not let me upload the pictures due to size restrictions.  I have uploaded the two images I have to my Photobucket account but that account is so hard to navigate due to pop-ups and having to re-confirm my email address, that I can't even copy and paste the link for each of the images.  Do you folks think I will have better luck posting the images to the ARC FaceBook page?  Thanks for the help!!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)