Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Mr Matt Foley

Product review of Amigo Models and Advanced Modeling accessories* Photos Added*

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey gang, I recently made an order with Amigomodels.ru for a set of their Su-27/Su-34 nozzles as well as some Russian ordinance to hang on some of the more recent releases on the market. I build 1/48 so I have the following in hand: 

 

-48023-1 Nozzles for the Kitty Hawk Su-34 (Amigo Models)

-48005 Twin Store Carrier with BD3-USK (Advanced Modeling) These are dual pylon type configuration for the Su-34/35

-48150 Khibiny ECM Pods for the Su-35

-48077 KAB 500s (Russian JDAM bomb)

-48074 KAB 500kr (TV Guided bomb)

-48070 KAB 1500kr (TV Guided Bomb)

 

UPDATED: I finished assembly, painting and decaling the bombs today. The detail is very, very, impressive. I used a primer of MRP black and a day or two later used MRP #242 Sky Grey (FS 36473) as the overall coat followed with a clear coat of Tamiya Clear. I still need to seal the decals, give them a coat of semi gloss and weather them up just a bit.

 

JpFX18.jpg

 

8NAoP9.jpg

 

PZAUL9.jpg

 

qcLIUC.jpg

 

zTjMAn.jpg

 

pmSk9uCxj

 

I placed my order on December 9th, and in their process, they put the order together (fresh molds I guess) and send you an invoice later. Once payment cleared I was promptly notified of the shipment and tracking number. The invoice arrived on December 19th and I received notification of shipment on December 22nd with its delivery to my home on January 2nd.

 

Although the ordering process is different from the usual, it does appear that "Not in stock" is not much of an issue because they will actually produce it for the order.

 

The product arrived in perfect condition and I have to say that the molding of the resin is spectacular. Very well detailed, crisp delicate lines and they put the kit ordinance I have on hand from multiple companies to shame. I am especially impressed with the molding of the tiny TV camera system in the nose of the KAB 500kr and 1500kr. They provide a clear lens for the nose of the bombs and they should look amazing once painted up.

 

I should mention that our friends at The 48ers.com also carry the Amigo and Advanced Modeling lines. If you're in need of quality accessories for modern Russian aircraft Amigo and Advanced Modeling are another great option.

 

Visit Amigomodels.ru for photos of their wares. I highly recommend them and ...no longer have concerns of ordering from Russia.

 

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
Added Photos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. I got their exhaust nozzles for the Su-33 via eBay. They are VERY nice. Amigo and Advanced Modeling make great products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too got a set of exhaust nozzles, but for my Su-35.  They look great.  Assembly was pretty straight forward, and the quality of the castings is fantastic.  I did have a few small complaints though. 

 

-The innermost section of the nozzle (turbine and flame holder) has no ridge or keyway.  Getting it aligned properly was quite the challenge.  All of the other parts had either a ridge or some other provisions for alignment. 

-Flameholder did not fit.  It was just a hair too small and getting it to sit on the three little tabs was impossible without adding some material.  I just used the part from my kit, it fit just fine and looked 8/10 as good.  If I had to, I could have made it work with little effort, but would have been nice if it just fit. 

-Instructions do not mention that you need to modify the attachment point on the model.  Not a big deal, but would have been easier to remove the needed material before assembling the fuselage.  

 

Anyway, those are relatively minor issues and overall I am happy.   I will definitely be ordering other parts from them in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 6:19 PM, Mstor said:

I got their exhaust nozzles for the Su-33 via eBay. They are VERY nice. Amigo and Advanced Modeling make great products.

 

Are these nozzles in 1/48 scale, Mark? Also, have you got a link to the Advanced Modeling site?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.amigomodels.ru/

 

That's the website for both Amigo and Advanced Modeling.  Not sure if they are technically the same company or not.  I reckon its actually just a handful of hobbyists that decided to start a small company and share some workspace or something like that. 

 

I didnt want to deal with international shipping so I also sourced my part on ebay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What BaconRaygun (love that name) says. Plus, no English or other translations. Just Russian. The48ers has many of the Amigo products and some Advanced Modeling. A lot of Advanced modeling stuff is on eBay.  I did make a mistake though. The Su-33 nozzles I bought were by AMUR Reaver. Sorry for the confusion. :doh:

They are excellent too and fit very well. I got them from The48ers.

Edited by Mstor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2019 at 5:11 PM, Mr Matt Foley said:

Hey gang, I recently made an order with Amigomodels.ru

 

Hey Chris, how did you get around the all Russian, no English website? Did you just use a translator like Google Translate, or did you contact them via e-mail and make arrangements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Mstor said:

 

Hey Chris, how did you get around the all Russian, no English website? Did you just use a translator like Google Translate, or did you contact them via e-mail and make arrangements?

 

I just ordered with their basket system. Select the item, when you get to the item description, indicate how many and click the black button. I did use Google Translate on the final step to fill in my information for address etc. I went back and forth between the translated page and the web form to make sure I was entering the correct info.

 

I'll post a few photos once I paint my KAB 1500kr bombs. I have to do some painting today.

 

Illias, if you're reading this thread please add more of the Advanced Modeling items. Especially the Russian ordinance, it is near perfection.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
Message for 48ers.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

 

I just ordered with their basket system. Select the item, when you get to the item description, indicate how many and click the black button. I did use Google Translate on the final step to fill in my information for address etc. I went back and forth between the translated page and the web form to make sure I was entering the correct info.

 

I'll post a few photos once I paint my KAB 1500kr bombs. I have to do some painting today.

 

Ahh, excellent idea, going back and forth. I have found that most order entry screens won't work right when viewed using a translator. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mstor said:

 

Ahh, excellent idea, going back and forth. I have found that most order entry screens won't work right when viewed using a translator. Thanks!

 

I suppose I could have asked my wife to do it for me, she's Ukrainian and could have done all of it for me, but I had to make this order on the sly..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

 

I suppose I could have asked my wife to do it for me, she's Ukrainian and could have done all of it for me, but I had to make this order on the sly..........

 

Oh you naughty boy :naughty:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Illias, if you're reading this thread please add more of the Advanced Modeling items. Especially the Russian ordinance, it is near perfection.

Word!

Also maybe venture into some 1/48 ground equipment too. 
Fuel trucks, boarding ladders, towbars, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

 

I suppose I could have asked my wife to do it for me, she's Ukrainian and could have done all of it for me, but I had to make this order on the sly..........

 

Oh man... careful, Slavic women are savage.   If she catches you, you may wind up rolling doobies in a van down by the river. 

 

I suppose if I ever order direct from them, I'll be OK... I was born in good old Novosibirsk.  It would be brutal, though, as I speak and read at the level of a 6 year old.  But, I'll be sure to wear full Adidas gear, because it just wouldn't be right if I didn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mstor said:

The Su-33 nozzles I bought were by AMUR Reaver.

I've got a bunch of their PE. EXCELLENT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

 

I just ordered with their basket system. Select the item, when you get to the item description, indicate how many and click the black button. I did use Google Translate on the final step to fill in my information for address etc. I went back and forth between the translated page and the web form to make sure I was entering the correct info.

 

I'll post a few photos once I paint my KAB 1500kr bombs. I have to do some painting today.

 

Illias, if you're reading this thread please add more of the Advanced Modeling items. Especially the Russian ordinance, it is near perfection.

 

Thanks Mr Matt Foley, it is our habit(!) to make available the entire product range from ALL the manufacturers we work with.

 

And there is no exception with Mikhail's Amigo Model / Advanced Modelling product ranges. Another order is underway...

 

By the way, the48ers.com plan to expand to other areas of interest. More to be announced soon 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SinisterVampire319 said:

Word!

Also maybe venture into some 1/48 ground equipment too. 
Fuel trucks, boarding ladders, towbars, etc.

 

Certainly, I wonder if it could work better to sum up all your requests with specific product numbers (strictly in 1/48). You can contact us here: sales@the48ers.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dnl42 said:

I've got a bunch of their PE. EXCELLENT!

 

7 hours ago, Mstor said:

What BaconRaygun (love that name) says. Plus, no English or other translations. Just Russian. The48ers has many of the Amigo products and some Advanced Modeling. A lot of Advanced modeling stuff is on eBay.  I did make a mistake though. The Su-33 nozzles I bought were by AMUR Reaver. Sorry for the confusion. :doh:

They are excellent too and fit very well. I got them from The48ers.

 

I am sure the guys from AMUR Reaver will soon be announcing a couple of interesting new PE sets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BaconRaygun said:

http://www.amigomodels.ru/

 

That's the website for both Amigo and Advanced Modeling.  Not sure if they are technically the same company or not.  I reckon its actually just a handful of hobbyists that decided to start a small company and share some workspace or something like that

 

Thanks, Ray!

Checked out those 1/48 Cy-27 nozzles for the Hobby Boss kit and they look sweet!

Then again, I might also get those 1/48 МиГ-25 nozzles and make them fit on the Kitty Hawk kit.

Cheers,

 

Onigiri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doppelgänger said:

Then again, I might also get those 1/48 МиГ-25 nozzles and make them fit on the Kitty Hawk kit.

 

I really like the look of their Mig-25 nozzles. They seem to be the most complete of the various ones out there. They are also the most expensive ones. Over $40 at most places. That's why I haven't picked up any for my ICM kit.  I must say, though, that it looks like they are much less expensive if bought directly from them (if I am converting the currency correctly).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their rouble prices are relatively low indeed but don't forget $15-20 shipping which website doesn't show.  It is still worth buying directly I think as their stuff is great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 4:00 PM, BaconRaygun said:

 

Oh man... careful, Slavic women are savage.   If she catches you, you may wind up rolling doobies in a van down by the river. 

 

 

Or I could end up amounting to JACK SQUAT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Mr Matt Foley, thank you for the excellent review of the Advanced Modeling product. Taking this opportunity I would like to provide your a picture of KAB-1500Kr.

Happy modeling and best regards to my friend Mike Reeves, Arizona

KAB-1500 Kr Red.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×