30 minutes ago, habu2 said:

In 1/48, no. 

In 1/32, yes. 

Point being, even within a (any) manufacturer’s offerings, there can be disparity in quality / accuracy. 

Sorry, yes, 1/48 on the brain, so thank you for the correction.

4 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

If you would read carefully, it is a listing of 1/48 K vs T...the comparisons are done by google and reading the reviews. If it seems ambiguous to you, its because it wasn't meant to be an all comprehensive review, a listing only of a few kits in that specific range. As per the original question, it was opened ended query to what K vs T has provided to the model community. So the comment you have made really doesn't hold much water in contributing to this conversation; nonetheless an opinion has been posted and I am responding to explain my perspective to help contribute to the gentleman's original question.

Kit building is subjective to the builder and the skills they possess and or the willingingness to the kit out of the box or to a higher level. If the question originally posted was specific to the aspect of fit and assembly then comparisons can be made a little easier to answer the gentleman's question more precisely. If the questions was referencing subject accuracy to shape and form, a different set of opinions could be provided by our esteemed experts on their subject matter.

So the comment you have made really doesn't hold much water in contributing to this conversation;

That's your opinion and you have the right to have it. But to make you happy, I'll never contribute to another post that you've contributed to!

13 hours ago, airmechaja said:

So the comment you have made really doesn't hold much water in contributing to this conversation;

That's your opinion and you have the right to have it. But to make you happy, I'll never contribute to another post that you've contributed to!

Sir,

You have my humble sincere apologies as this was taken out of context.

My intent was not to offend you in any way.

My apologies good sir.

Cheers

AFM

19 hours ago, Jonathan S said:

I'm confused, but that's not hard.  Have I offended you Onigiri?

I hope not, I do respect you.

Not at all, Jonathan; on the contrary. I respect you as well. It's just that I concur with you that just because the box reads Tamiya, it doesn't mean the kit is the best there is, and their 1/48 F-15 is yet another kit which has disappointed me. I totally forgot about it the minute I learnt about the Hasegawa one.

My point was that the original poster clearly enquired about the Kinetic kits in 1/48th scale; not Tamiya, not Hasegawa, not Great Wall Hobby, or AMK in 1/32nd or 1/72nd scale.

What's with all the silly comparisons then? Is there a Tamiya SuE in 1/48th scale, or a Great Wall Hobby IAI Kfir in that scale? NO. So what's the deal?

Original poster didn't ask about Chef Boy-Ardee canned spaghetti or Betty Crocker muffin mix. He asked about Kinetic kits in 1/48.

Cheers,

Onigiri 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vaildog said:

Yeah, why is that so hard to believe?

Considering the shape issues of their F-16s and from what I understand, the shape issues of their F/A-18s, I wouldn’t guess they’re the best in 1:48.  When did they claim the crown?

29 minutes ago, jester292 said:

Considering the shape issues of their F-16s and from what I understand, the shape issues of their F/A-18s, I wouldn’t guess they’re the best in 1:48.  When did they claim the crown?

Only issue I'm aware of is the too square vertical stabilizers, which has been fixed on subsequent releases. Other than that the shape is spot on. Despite a few futzy areas like the nose and gear, engineering and fit is better than Hasegawa of Hobby Boss offerings.

1 hour ago, Vaildog said:

Only issue I'm aware of is the too square vertical stabilizers, which has been fixed on subsequent releases. Other than that the shape is spot on. Despite a few futzy areas like the nose and gear, engineering and fit is better than Hasegawa of Hobby Boss offerings.

I didn’t know they fixed that profile. Which boxing did they start correcting and which ones include the new mold (or which ones don’t)?

On 1/23/2019 at 2:46 PM, jester292 said:

their F-16s were the product of their "older" design/production standards. Since the Su-33 release they up'ed their game. F-18 came more recently so yes I agree that their F-18s are great looking too. Just saw them in the box, cannot commend on their fit but details look great. Very sharp. 

Kinetic kits are not confined to F-16s and F-18s. They have a very extensive line of NATO planes, from late 70 - early 2000. For example,  Sea Harriers, Mirage III E (lot of variants), 2000 C/E, F-5A/B, E-2 C Hawkeyes. Kin's Mirage IIIEs and F-5A/Bs, for example, are the best models of these planes in this scale, both in detailing as in shape/fit, and models of very significant airplanes, that can be built in almost endeless variety of schemes and markings. As with most kits, one should read reviews to know what to expect and pittfalls to avoid, since one particular weak point of the brand seems the instructions. Almost all of their kits have some mistakes, like moulding two port wigtip tanks for their F-5As (corrected in latter boxings). Also, their fit is not Tamiya/Eduard/ZM like, being more in the league of current Airfix or Revell kits. I would reccomend Kinetics for modellers who want nice kits of significant planes.

13 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

their F-16s were the product of their "older" design/production standards. Since the Su-33 release they up'ed their game. F-18 came more recently so yes I agree that their F-18s are great looking too. Just saw them in the box, cannot commend on their fit but details look great. Very sharp. 

Good to know. I wasn’t aware their standards have increased so high. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 9:14 AM, riffer said:

the latest IPMS Canada issue has a build article on the 1/48 CF-5's that indicates they aren't the easiest build.  A little disappointing for me as I have a couple planned for this year.  Regardless, the author does produce nice results in the end.

I have to disagree.  The Kinetic F-5A and B kits are very easy to build.  I am on my fourth F-5 and I love them.  Fit is good, for the most part.  Intakes can be a bit tricky, but can be made to fit with a little extra work.  Joining the front and rear fuselage halves are a breeze.  Virtually no filler required and the seams form natural panel lines.  I don't get R/T at the moment, so I cannot read the article.

Kinetic have been good at taking customer feedback, and each new kit they release improves from earlier. The F-5 and F/A-18 series stand out while the early F-16 is a bit of a sore spot, although some like them.