ARC Discussion Forums
Salineated Michigander

Kinetic Kits Any Good?

30 minutes ago, habu2 said:

In 1/48, no. 

In 1/32, yes. 

Point being, even within a (any) manufacturer’s offerings, there can be disparity in quality / accuracy. 

Sorry, yes, 1/48 on the brain, so thank you for the correction.

4 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

If you would read carefully, it is a listing of 1/48 K vs T...the comparisons are done by google and reading the reviews. If it seems ambiguous to you, its because it wasn't meant to be an all comprehensive review, a listing only of a few kits in that specific range. As per the original question, it was opened ended query to what K vs T has provided to the model community. So the comment you have made really doesn't hold much water in contributing to this conversation; nonetheless an opinion has been posted and I am responding to explain my perspective to help contribute to the gentleman's original question.

Kit building is subjective to the builder and the skills they possess and or the willingingness to the kit out of the box or to a higher level. If the question originally posted was specific to the aspect of fit and assembly then comparisons can be made a little easier to answer the gentleman's question more precisely. If the questions was referencing subject accuracy to shape and form, a different set of opinions could be provided by our esteemed experts on their subject matter.

So the comment you have made really doesn't hold much water in contributing to this conversation;

That's your opinion and you have the right to have it. But to make you happy, I'll never contribute to another post that you've contributed to!

13 hours ago, airmechaja said:

So the comment you have made really doesn't hold much water in contributing to this conversation;

That's your opinion and you have the right to have it. But to make you happy, I'll never contribute to another post that you've contributed to!

Sir,

You have my humble sincere apologies as this was taken out of context.

My intent was not to offend you in any way.

My apologies good sir.

Cheers

AFM

19 hours ago, Jonathan S said:

I'm confused, but that's not hard.  Have I offended you Onigiri?

I hope not, I do respect you.

Not at all, Jonathan; on the contrary. I respect you as well. It's just that I concur with you that just because the box reads Tamiya, it doesn't mean the kit is the best there is, and their 1/48 F-15 is yet another kit which has disappointed me. I totally forgot about it the minute I learnt about the Hasegawa one.

My point was that the original poster clearly enquired about the Kinetic kits in 1/48th scale; not Tamiya, not Hasegawa, not Great Wall Hobby, or AMK in 1/32nd or 1/72nd scale.

What's with all the silly comparisons then? Is there a Tamiya SuE in 1/48th scale, or a Great Wall Hobby IAI Kfir in that scale? NO. So what's the deal?

Original poster didn't ask about Chef Boy-Ardee canned spaghetti or Betty Crocker muffin mix. He asked about Kinetic kits in 1/48.

Cheers,

Onigiri