Here is another kit that I would probably not build if it weren't for this GB.  I bought this in the clearance isle of Hobby Lobby several years ago.  I never planned to build it as a motorcycle, I bought the kit because it was cheap and because I planned to use the parts for a Sci Fi Whif.  Well the Whif never got off the ground so I am just going to quickly build it up now as a motorcycle.

Here is the kit

c20

It has a lot of parts for such a basic bike.

c21

The chrome parts were plated very thickly and had a waxy feeling to them so into my favorite chrome stripping product...Purple Power.

c22

And after about a half hour...

c23

Major parts of the engine, frame, and forks together.  The way you have to put the rear fender and forks into the frame to glue it together is a bit of a pain.  It makes painting more difficult than it should be.

c24

Now to start figuring out how I want to paint it.

Els

Yeah should be no problem getting it done.  I am having a lot of fun with this kit.  There is hardly any putty needed so it is just glue it, slap it together, and hit it with some paint.

I will try to combine as much progress as possible in one picture to keep the count down on Flickr, I don't want to have to start paying.

c25

Frame and most of the engine is finished.  For the tins I decided to go with unpainted metal like they are still working on those and haven't finished and painted them yet.  Maybe the builder has to save up a bit more money to finish the project.  I added a little red on the rims to give the kit a little color.  Now I know why the kit was on clearance, it is missing some parts.  The alternate tank is not there which doesn't bother me much but what is a pain is that the brake rotors are missing.  No cables come with the kit and I don't think I am going to add any.

Thanks everyone, I going to call this one done.

c26

I am really happy with how this kit turned out especially since I never meant to build this.  More pictures will be in the completed section (this was a hard kit to photograph, the metallic parts kept washing out).  This kit is supposed to be 1:12 but I think it is more like 1:10.  It is bigger than my Tamiya 1:12 bikes and smaller than the 1:9 kits that I have built.  Painters tape was wrapped around the exhaust for heat tape.  I lost the gas cap and front light so I had to scratch those up.  This was a fun kit, I will be keeping my eye out for any more of these that are on sale.

Thanks for following along.

ELs

Very nice! Honestly, not what I expected when I saw the headline "RM Chopper" (Monogram/revell's ol' UH-1 came to mind, haha), but that is a darn good looking bike! I really like the rust effect, and the wheel details. The wheels really stand out to me. Excellent work!