Hi all,

I have an old 1/72 C-130 kit that I am getting ready to start working on, it is the MPC boxing of an E with USAF decals.  Anyhow, would love to know if the wheels that I have seen from either Armory or Brengun would be correct for the E.

I think their is a nacelle set for the E, but think it is for the Italeri kit.

I have the Heller USCG 130 I am planning now too.

Thank you.

Edited by IrishGreek

All C-130 wheels are the same. Considering that the Brengun wheels were most likely created for the Italeri kit which is supposed to be an E then you should have no issue using them on the older mould Airfix/MPC kit.

Since the MPC engines are moulded to the wing (unlike the Italeri kit) some surgery would be required to replace them, it just depends on if you want to go to the effort. The MPC engines are pretty good shape wise compared to the shorter blobs the Italeri engines represent.

The Heller kit is a re-pop of the Italeri mould, so the nacelle set you speak of would correct the kits short engine nacelles.

A number of manufacturers have created corrected engines for the Italeri/Heller/Academy/later Airfix C-130 kit (all the same plastic). They include Flightpath, Arma Hobby (now issued by Brengun), Ron's Resin in Australia and another that I don't recall now.

If you use the aftermarket engines on the Italeri/Heller kit then you need to bring the inboard engine mount on the wing back in line with the leading edge. This will bring all props into line (as per the real thing), otherwise, you will find the inboard engine prop line will be about 3mm ahead of the outboards.