New tool 1/72 Airfix Blackburn Buccaneer S Mk.2 RN in this year !

Preorder is available for the price of the new Phantom .

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2019/blackburn-buccaneer-s-mk-2-rn-1-72.html

TanModel Buccaneer delayed ...

http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=30879&mode=thread&order=0

This year may a happy year for the Buc funs.

Edited by zkalos

A new 1/48 Buccaneer will be welcome too. I have the Airfix one but its has its problems, not least of which is warped fuselage halves. Even though I bought a bunch of aftermarket for the Airfix one, I'd probably pop for the Tanmodel kit, if it turns out OK.

I had the original 1/48 Airfix Bucaneer but not for long. I got rid of it and do not regret it. Seen a couple of builds but the builders all said it was tough. I don't need tough at this stage of my life.

Anyway I am very happy for you 1/72nd guys and I am hoping Airfix does what they did with the Gnat and scale the Bucaneer up. I live in hope.

Oh and is Tan Model still okay? Just wondering as have not really heard anything since their RF-84.

Edited by skyhawk174
6 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

I don't need tough at this stage of my life.

I hear ya. A big reason I haven't started my Airfix kit. I hope Tan Model come through. I'll gladly sell off the Airfix one, with aftermarket, cheap if the Tan Model one is released and is decent.

Edited by Mstor
correct spelling error
1 hour ago, Raptor01 said:

Granby Sea Witch Debbie, another unbuildable older 1/48 Airfix kit! :tease:

John

Nice! I've seen a lot of real impressive builds using the Airfix kit. It is definitely buildable with the right amount of effort, I suppose.

19 hours ago, Raptor01 said:

Granby Sea Witch Debbie, another unbuildable older 1/48 Airfix kit! :tease:

John

Looks wonderful John, great job. I don't think the Airfix kit is unbuildable but it is a tough build. I did not get very far on mine. Lots of other subjects in my stash to build in the mean time while I wait for the new Airfix 1/48 release, I hope. I do love the Operation Granby nose art jets but I do love camo schemes so it is a toss up.

I like what Airfix is doing, I have been collecting a lot of the new releases.  I hope they do a new Buccaneer in 1/48 too.  Nothing against 1/72, I am getting a little older and eyesight is fading! 🤣

John

On 1/8/2019 at 9:02 PM, Mstor said:

Nice! I've seen a lot of real impressive builds using the Airfix kit. It is definitely buildable with the right amount of effort, I suppose.

I believe the term is "tough love." 😉 Most impressive!