Apollo 11 50th Anniversary - Kit (re)Releases

1 hour ago, johnlove_mk_II said:

Interesting ... that LM looks a little Dragon-esque

I agree, that is definitely the Dragon kit. 

I wonder if it is a rebox or just for display? I don't see any of the original Monogram astronaut figures or ALSEP equipment on the box art either.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:31 PM, niart17 said:

I hope this doesn't mean that the molds for the 1/32 scale CSM will never be used again. I'd hate to see that thing never released. I don't see another mainstream company releasing anything like that in the future. 

You can see the 1/32 CSM kit in the lower right corner of the first pic in dnl42's IPMS Deutschland link.  Also the 1/100 CSM & LM set.

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2019/Bilder_VH/112.html

• 2 months later...

Just seen allot of 50th Anniversary re released Revell models on eBay, 1/48 LM, 1/32 CSM, 1/8 Astronaut, 1/96 CSM and LM, 1/96 Saturn V. They all look like original molds but, the 1/48 LM looks like a Dragon kit

Edited by ApolloMan

Hey, Atlantis Models has just released "Everything is Go!" Mercury rocket kit and platform.
https://www.atlantis-models.com/atlasrocketwithmercurycapsule1110.aspx

Not Apollo, but still a highly sought after kit. I just got mine in the mail last week.

I wish "Revell Germany" would make the old space kits that were out in the 1960's - 1970's, especially the 1/32 Gemini Capsule. Would love to see the Apollo Soyuz set as well!!! 

5 hours ago, Big Texan said:

I wish "Revell Germany" would make the old space kits that were out in the 1960's - 1970's, especially the 1/32 Gemini Capsule. Would love to see the Apollo Soyuz set as well!!! 

Revell did Gemini cspsules in 1/48 & 1/24, the only 1/32 space kit I know of is the Monogram Apollo CSM. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly 50th anniversary themed, but Hasegawa is re-releasing their 1/48 Voyager probe.

Also, the ARK Models 1/144 Buran is now widely available, I've seen it for $19.99

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So here we are 50 years and a day later and it seems many of these space exploration kit re-releases have failed to materialize.  It would seem that the modeling industry has failed to capitalize on this anniversary, unlike the book publishing industry, the movie industry, even the food industry (have you bought your Oreo Marshmallow Moon cookies yet?).  You can even buy a commemorative Zero Halliburton metal case like the ones that were used to return the moon rocks. 

Meanwhile the hobby shop shelves runneth over with Star Wars and Gundam kits...  :OMG-OMG:

Habu2, you are correct. But I think your a bit early on the 50th Anniversary date 😆. There has been no real move in Apollo space era models. Dragon has some great products some yrs ago. The re released 1/48 LEM was a let down. Gandam🤮 and SW are getting to much attention, but maybe soon we will see some nice Apollo models🤞

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Spotted the Revell Germany (Monogram)  1/144 Apollo Saturn V kit at Hobby Lobby last week.  Based on the box art it looks like they did not fix the decal sheet from previous releases. 😞