1/144 Photo-realistic Window Decals

Hello Kursad,

You've been making us 1/144th scale enthusiasts very happy with your sheets in that scale..!  And I know I speak for us all when I say we can't hardly wait for more..! I've noticed a lot of manufacturers are making "photo  realistic"  decals for the cockpit and passenger windows of airliners in this scale.  They look pretty awesome,  and,  in my opinion, really enhance the realism of the small scale models.  Thing is, all I have seen are window decals for commericial aircraft.  Would you give any thought to making these decals for military aircraft?  B-52s, KC-135s, C-130s, C-97s, Vulcans, Victors... the list goes on and on.  (The thing about using say, 707 window decals of this type on a KC-135, is the pilot can be seen wearing a white uniform shirt!)  I know you've always got a pretty full plate, but I figure it can't hurt to just ask..!)  Thanks, and, as always, looking forward to seeing what's coming next..!

Edited by bluedot25

Kursad, I second bluedot's suggestion. Here is a photo of my Revell B-52G using some custom ALPS decals for unit markings and your B-52H data decals. In particular, look at the windscreen [photo 56]. I believe that the windscreen could benefit from "photo realistic" effect. Please do not take this as criticism.  I am very pleased with your decals. The windscreen decal is a vast improvement over any masking and painting I could have done on the mis-shapen Revell part. 

Kindest regards,  Dutch 

Others may know more, but I think those "photorealistic" windows are printed with a laser printer or with whatever system that companies like Draw Decals uses. They're more like a photo, so I don't think you can get that level of detail with a silkscreened decal. They do look pretty cool, though! 

Cheers!

Ben

27 minutes ago, Ben Brown said:

Others may know more, but I think those "photorealistic" windows are printed with a laser printer or with whatever system that companies like Draw Decals uses. They're more like a photo, so I don't think you can get that level of detail with a silkscreened decal. They do look pretty cool, though! 

Cheers!

Ben

I think you're correct. Draw and vintage both use a laser type  " digital silk" I think they call it. They're interesting, but something I wouldn't really be interested in for my military kits.