F-15E, what's going on with the top of the wing?

is it possible we have been at war so long racking up hours and wear and tear on equipment that its just practical that x and m are being used and constantly refurbished to keep up with operational tempo?  I figure if at the SU-22 had a flare the 9X couldn't deal with, a software upgrade would be made to it and the M, am I right?

Regarding recent integration of -9X to 366th birds mentioned in this thread, what it needs ? Just a new software ? or internal hardware ? wiring ? or external like new rails ? anything "modeleller´s wise" to tell which Eagle was "upgraded" and which was not ?

Thanks !

On 1/22/2019 at 3:21 AM, JakubJakepilot said:

Regarding recent integration of -9X to 366th birds mentioned in this thread, what it needs ? Just a new software ? or internal hardware ? wiring ? or external like new rails ? anything "modeleller´s wise" to tell which Eagle was "upgraded" and which was not ?

Thanks !

Nothing different “modeling-wise” for the AIM-9X- just slap the 9X on the missile rail.  

Edited by Falconxlvi
On 1/20/2019 at 11:12 PM, Inquisitor said:

Then someone will complain the weathering is overdone, nothing in real life looks like that blah blah blah :v

Actually, if I saw a model like that, I'd compliment the builder on a realistic finish. What gets the "overdone weathering" comments are the uniform, inky-black panel lines that, while artistically pleasing to the eye, are not realistic in the slightest.