1/25 Custom Ford Pickup Add-on Parts

I recently purchased an AMT 1/25 1978 Ford F-150 4x4 pickup kit, the one with Firestone decals. I was wanting to modify it into one a good friend used to own. He had different mirrors with CB antennae mounted, a heavy duty rear bumper,  no right stowage bin in the bed, and a brush guard with winch on the front bumper.  Did AMT or other brand make a pickup truck "customization " kit? I seem to remember in the 1970s that the mainstream kit makers produced these type customizing kits for cars, trucks and vans, as it was the rage back then.  Curious. 

Kindest regards,  Dutch 

• 7 months later...

Wow!  This post received almost a thousand views in eight months and not one reply!  Also, it has remained the most recent post within this "Performance" thread during that same period.  Is this thread dead? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Be fair my friend, it's Aircraft Resource Center for a reason! 😁

Traffic is very low in the automotive section, something I found quickly with my Dukes builds.  For those projects there's another forum with dedicated auto experts that I go to, then hopefully I bring the knowledge here.

Did you ever find an answer to this question? If not, I know who you could ask....

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2021 at 8:02 AM, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Be fair my friend, it's Aircraft Resource Center for a reason! 😁

Traffic is very low in the automotive section, something I found quickly with my Dukes builds.  For those projects there's another forum with dedicated auto experts that I go to, then hopefully I bring the knowledge here.

Did you ever find an answer to this question? If not, I know who you could ask....

Andy, i did not receive an answer.  I even asked around at two or three local hobby shops that specialize in model cars.  No joy!  The guys there are about my age, so you'd think they would remember, but then agian, what day is it?  Any help is greatly appreciated, my friend,  K/r, Dutch

Here's a pic for inspiration.  Before adding the bumpers and west coast mirrors.

544f5ffb4371b57402a1cfd09a71840a.jpg.1af34c807f9065533a5906d14dd963c2.jpg

Edited by Dutch
spelling

Go here (link below); these guys are the ARC of automotive.  These are the kind of guys who carry a camera every time they go to a junkyard.  Register there and I'd say post the question under the subforum labeled "General Automotive Talk (Trucks and Cars)"

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/

• 4 months later...

Dutch did you try Model Roundup? They use to sell customizing parts. They have lots of AMT kits.

I sorta remember what you are talking about, I "cut my teeth" on many an AMT 1/25 car model with

the good old metal axles you "hammered" on to the wheel hubs, back in the mid 60s. jon

• 1 month later...