Picture of Kinetic box top - no longer hot linked - Thanks Photobucket!

Now listed on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/164695250300

Last call for anybody that wants them at $47 +S&H!!!

These are new kits. They are from the most recent batch of molding so don't have the sink-mark problem present on early releases.

Email me your zip code and I'll send a PayPal invoice. ( Zactoman@Zactomodels.com )
Shipping cost pretty much limits them to US customers, but international inquiries are welcome. US S&H is $14.10 UPS Ground (or less depending on your location).

I'm planning to sell off the remaining kits on eBay at a reasonable price which will be higher than the $47 I've offered here at ARC.
I should have the eBay offering up sometime this coming week (assuming no more crises interrupt me...).

For those not familiar I helped design this kit for a company called Aviation Art in China.
The tooling was then purchased and released by Kinetic Models.
Kit development thread

I also uploaded paint charts in 1/48 (@150 dpi).

Links to the drawings are here: https://zactomodels.com/su-33_drawings/

I spent a lot of time researching the camo schemes and documented them to the best of my ability.

It frustrates me when I see kits that include multiple decal options but only show one camo scheme, especially on a plane where there is so much variation.

There are also a bunch of small details that differ from one plane to another. Little details like the thin gray edge stripe under the cockpit is different on each of these schemes. Details like the gray forward section on the Bort 80 IRST. The bare metal tips on Bort 68s wingtip pylons. Etc.

Also note the bare metal panel on the lower left fuselage just below the wing flap. I think I've only seen one build that included this.

Note that I don't call out color recommendations on the charts or my web page. I've seen a lot of discussion and debate about which paint brands are most accurate and haven't seen a definitive answer. If I were building one I'd grab something close and make my own color adjustments.

The main marking locations should be close. The markings were based on the decals that were being developed for the 1/48 kit before Kinetic took over and finished the project. The markings on the drawings are not necessarily accurate (especially the colors). Cross Delta ended up doing the decals for the Kinetic kit and I don't know how accurate they are either. I recommend Begemot Decals. They offer a sheet with early schemes (48-007 which includes Bort 80 above) as well as one for current schemes (48-051 Su-33 in Syria) which could be used to do the other schemes above.

The stencils and stencil location on these drawings is questionable (wasn't carefully researched), so check your references. Again, I'd recommend Begemot. They have an Su-27 stencil package (48-009) that includes decals and instructions for the Su-33. It includes 3 pages of stencils for airframes, pylons and weapons.

Hope that you like the drawings and find them helpful on your builds.

If you don't have the kit yet, grab one at this price while they last (prices will likely be going up a lot in the near future...).

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman
Update

Wish I had waited. I'm finishing (slowly) my Kinetic Su-33 now. It one of the older ones with the sink-marks. Oh well. To anyone wanting to do a nice Su-33, this is the only kit in town, but its a good one, as most already know. Got its quirks, but generally a pretty well thought out kit.

• Zactoman changed the title to 1/48 Su-33 BLOWOUT SALE!!!
14 minutes ago, ghatherly said:

sent email for two of them.

No "ADD to Cart" button on your website to make purchase.

Help!!!

Gary

I would answer "e-mail me your address and I'll send a quote", but since I already have your address I went ahead and sent you an invoice.

I'm editing the website to make this more clear.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Eli Raphael said:

Chris

Can you send me a paypal request to zotzvipet@gmail.com for one kit

zip is 78040

Thanks

Eli

Invoice sent, payment received, package shipped.

Thanks Eli!

• 1 year later...

BUMP!

Grab one before I put them on eBay for a much higher price.

I'm asking $47 + S&H. Currently on eBay they go for $85.49 or $89.99 plus S&H from China.

E-mail me (Zactoman @ Zactomodels .com) with your shipping info and I'll send a PayPal invoice and have it ready to ship the next day.

Edited by Zactoman
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 7:15 PM, Rocsec1 said:

The kit arrived today

very quick shipping

very well packed

beautiful kit

thank you

On 6/28/2020 at 5:17 PM, variable said:

Thanks for the  communication and fast shipping. Looks like a wonderful kit.  Much appriciated!

Thank you both for leaving such nice feedback during my absence.  :thumbsup:

Sorry I didn't reply until now but I've been keeping very busy and haven't visited the forums much lately.

On 7/11/2020 at 12:06 PM, Wolf_el_Real said:

Zactoman

Do you have still available?

Yes they are still available for $47 + S&H.

I've been too busy with other stuff to deal with setting up an eBay account yet.

To those interested in the kit, please send me an email ( Zactoman@Zactomodels.com ) with your zip code and I'll send you a PayPal invoice.

Edited by Zactoman

Bump.

Last Call for $47 price!!!

Remainder will be sold off on eBay for a fair price (higher than $47!) starting sometime next week.

Now listed on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/164695250300

These are new Kinetic 1/48 Su-33 kits molded after the sink-mark problem was fixed.

Edited by Zactoman