fitting decals for 1/48 Revell f-100d to Trumpeter

I am wondering if anyone has had luck fitting decals designed for the Revell Super Saber to the newer Trumpeter offering.  I am looking at the options available and most had decals designed both for the tail and to wrap around the nose.  My concern is that these are 2 places that are the easiest for kits to differ.

TIA,

Matthew

The Trumpeter tail is too broad in chord and the fuel tank vent fairing is too short, so a decal sized to fit the Monogram kit might not fit an unmodified Trumpeter tail. On the 1/32 F-100D, I think the tail was about 3 mm too broad, so I guess we’re talking ~1.5 mm in 1/48. You just trim down the leading edge to correct it. The 1/32 fairing needed to be extended aft 3 mm, so add 1.5 mm for the 1/48 kit. Doing this might get you close enough to use something meant for the Monogram kit.

I don’t know how close in shape the noses would be if you fixed the Trumpeter nose. Its too-flat underside might affect how a nose band will fit. The panel line representing the break between the fuselage and the intake lip is too far aft on the Trumpeter kit, so you will have an odd panel line if you don’t fill it and describe.

HTH.

Ben