Hasegawa 1:48 F-16C 17th TFS

Being it is January 17th, figured I would start the thread for my current DS build 😉 … another Hasegawa F-16

This one is going to be 83-1145 "Death Dealer".  I'll be using a combination of a couple decal sheets for this one.  Not sure what I'm going to do with the insignia.  It is a different style than all other F-16s that I've seen.

death_dealer_1.jpg

here's how my build looks now.  Flaps have been cut and lowered.  Used a bit of sheet styrene for just behind the cockpit for the strengthening plate.  Not sure if these planes had more at the time.  Armament will be 2 Sidewinders, an ALQ-119, and 4 Mk84 AIR which I have yet to purchase.

2vcj53r.jpg

Edited by Benner
7 hours ago, jester292 said:

Nice! I had to do the same with cobbling several sheets together to make my Desert Storm F/A-18A. Fun project! 

How are the insignia different on this F-16?

If you look at the roundel part, it isn't filled in like the typical F-16.  It is just an outline.  I don't have any F-16 decals like that unfortunately ..

looking at this pic below, looks like the TAC badge is a bit off.  People can't put decals on properly 😉

2djnp79.jpg

Edited by Benner

Angry to see the final result mate!

For our "ODS indefinite GB" I'll add an OV-10D in 72;I've already bought the Academy kit,the CMK resin sets and the new Brassin Zuni pods,but i'm slowed by the decals,as look like if no one produced the markings in the correct colors for the sand/brown birds...

Maybe someone able to create a custom sheet will be helpful.

Gianni

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:12 AM, kurnass77 said:

Angry to see the final result mate!

For our "ODS indefinite GB" I'll add an OV-10D in 72;I've already bought the Academy kit,the CMK resin sets and the new Brassin Zuni pods,but i'm slowed by the decals,as look like if no one produced the markings in the correct colors for the sand/brown birds...

Maybe someone able to create a custom sheet will be helpful.

Gianni

oh, an OV-10D, sweet.  yeah, decals are a problem.  I've noticed that most decal sheets have the colour wrong.  You could go with a grey version from VMO-1, but it's just not the same without the desert camo.

Here's how my Falcon looks now.  pics are done with my phone, as I broke my camera a couple years ago and never replaced it.  Got some touch ups, and bit more on the underside and I'll almost be done painting

6q9r9i.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

still some work to do around the canopy and I can flat coat soon

2vn06c5.jpg

received the Edard Mk84 retarded bombs, comparison with Hasegawa Weapons Set Mk84 bombs

2w5r57b.jpg