An-12 BK transformed in BK-PPS version Roden 1/72

I start Antonov 12 BK (Cub) Soviet Union main transport on Cold War. Dimensions are as much a C-130 at 1/72, 46 cm long (fuselage). I wanted to turn it into SAANXI with a Venezuelan camouflage, which is also impressive, but the protrusion of the front fuselage has been a reflection of the diminution of the windows. I will turn it into PPS electronic warfare. The Roden kit is available for PPS. There are three types of PPs. One with a new tail without guns. second with a cabin but without guns and a third with a cabin and guns. I will make the third type as in the design. For this reason I built the pods with balsa. There should also be a dozen air intakes on fuselage and spindle antennas (circular). Because I want to get away from the simple look of the simple transport aircraft. I 'll try put lights. motors and open-close the rear door. That's what I'm saying ..34259.JPG34250.JPG34252.jpg34256.JPG34257.JPG34258.JPG34260.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I used for interior,  pieces of mobile electronics, aluminium foil from Nescafe package, blue velvet paper, black leave very thin polyurethane for cockpit floor. The interior  plan is   in my fantasy because there are not fotos of Soviet special aircrafts interior. So all are in  Democracy fantasy modelling  world .Your oppinion is helpfull   Work in progress .....

There are no photographs about the interior of that aircraft, so I will move into the hypothetical sphere of what if. For sure, the aircraft would be divided into three sections. Pilots cockpit, accommodation, cargo area. And a stun gun in the tail. The pilots cockpit would be unchanged. The cargo area would be converted into an airspace control area and would be filled with consoles, electrical and electronic maps, screens, a mapping table. It would have a heating and ventilation system. and conductors that would shut down the devices and would simultaneously coat the air elementally and perhaps more to remove moisture since there are no high temperatures in such spaces, and so the abundance of air vents in the inlet and inlet shaft. It would surely have a generator (since the plurality of electronics can not be supported by the existing electrical system of the aircraft) which would be located in the accommodation space to have noise insulation from the rest of the control area and an air outlet for the combustion of the diesel engine and exhaust fumes. If this space was not used for the generator, then the rear cargo loading doors could be locked wherever the generator would be located, because in the back we also see air ducts. However, you will need a basic insulation between the control room and the tail section. It could have been so. If the generator was in the accommodation space then the crew would be spartifully drawn in the control room with beds and the toilet at the position of the gun. In conclusion, the toilet would be the best part of the aircraft !!!. Things to do

Edited by nikolaos
  • 3 weeks later...

For anyone who wants to construct this aircraft I have identified these problems. The right fuselage part has shorter lenght for the 2nd interior seperating part 1cm than the left, so you must scratch second base 1 cm longer to stay correct the seperator. The ceiling must cut to fix correct with the second seperator. The ceiling must cut from one side because the positions to fix with the side of fuselage cannot be able to contact when you try to close the fuselage. You can see the cut place of ceilling in fotos. One side must be straight cut and dont follow the manual of construction. The floor must be cut from the two sides in front to fix correct with the parts of fuselage. The decals quality is nt good. The table of nose observer must cut for 2 mm. The cockpit floor must cut to 2 mm to fix with the first seperator and stay correct on the bases. The fuselage has no good contact between each other part, pieces have not good fitting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

38861.JPG38858.JPG38860.JPG38859.JPG

Scratches continued. Each side of the nose and the antennas were placed on each side of the fuselage below the wings. Below of fuselage, the base of the electronic instruments and pods were made of the balsa and pods was made of spru. The 3 radomes of the cylindrical antennas were made of pencil rubber gums. Work continues. The ten air ducts on the sides are in progress.

Edited by nikolaos

There was a lot of sanding, there were scratched 12 air ducts, two exausts on fuselage at the height of the windows each, 10 antennas? rounded on the fuselage side The only possible and good application was fixing the wings strongly , the motors were placed inside the nests (In case of the battery, they are currently rotating as much as possible) . There is a lot of work on the exausts of the engines to because of bad design. I choose anorthodox application with much sanding. The Ukrainians are not good in the design

38907.JPG38908.JPG38911.JPG38914.JPG38917.JPG38909.JPG38912.JPG38915.JPG38918.JPG38910.JPG38913.JPG38916.JPG38919.JPG

The first painting took place except of nose that still wants to place some antennas. I did a pre-shade,
I also put wing navigation lights of green and red transparent plastic . The colour is AGAMA Light ghost gray. Very good coating for paint-brushing and leaving an intermediate matte-satin finish

39058.JPG39059.JPG39060.JPG39057.JPG

The wheels fixed on gear system difficulty. The axies were hedgehogs. The white wheels coronets made of white insulating tape cut with special diabetes. Other mazohist senario.I coloured by hand with a paintbrush without masking glasses the nose cover ( Parkinson dont strikes me yet). The landing gear is very weak. I made a patent to make it more sttrong. Generally the kit is a continuous problem. Still has job.39065.JPG39071.JPG39070.JPG39067.JPG39066.JPG

The pilot's cover and nose radar were fitted. On the ceiling I put a panel of instruments, a blue skyscreen for the pilots and a curtain on the left side. The ceiling glasses were made with darker sunscreen using from an old laptop screen film It has staircases in the application of the cover with the fuselage The work is continuing39085.JPG39082.JPG39084.JPG39081.JPG39083.JPG