Tamiya America Customer Service Question

Just off the phone with them.  $17.00 for N/M and D tree.  Should ship and arrive in about a week.  So after my training command Skyhawk is finished, time to build that middle aged VX-23 F-14A 220 with orange tails/wings!!

Appreciate Devon taking my call at Tamiya USA.  1-800-826-4922 Monday-Friday (8:00 am to 5:00 pm PST

Cheers

Collin

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Collin said:

Anyone know if they are back to talking calls?  

Been trying all afternoon, no pick up. 

Collin

Is it in Anaheim or Orange County somewhere?  If so my folks in so cal say things are still locked down pretty tight

Edited by Napalmakita

They are still locked down due to covey 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷

7 minutes ago, 305swag said:

They are still locked down due to covey 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷

Do you have any idea how many lives you have put in jeopardy by sending that message??!!  😆California rest in peace- chili peppers

19 minutes ago, Napalmakita said:

Do you have any idea how many lives you have put in jeopardy by sending that message??!!  😆California rest in peace- chili peppers

As many that went out to protest ,loot , and riot😂

What’s interesting is that Tamiya USA’s online ordering is still running.  They are running a sale on 1/32 P-51D/K and two of the 1/32 Spits kits for $99 with free shipping that started last weekend.  Ordered last Saturday, got shipping notice today, and scheduled to arrive Friday.

Hey All,

I just wanted to tell you that the two P-38 canopy pieces that I had spoken to Tamiya Customer Service about showed up in my mailbox, today!  Incredible.  I had first written to Tamiya on May 15, and gotten an e-mail response within 20 minutes about the limited capabilities they have as a result of the COVID crisis.  I had sent a follow-up e-mail on June 4, and was told that it was likely that Tamiya wouldn't be returning to their offices until after June 15.  But I received my replacement parts, free of charge, in the mail today.  The gentleman's name that I was dealing with is Gary Demory, and again, this was through e-mail contact.

18 hours ago, Curt B said:

Hey All,

I just wanted to tell you that the two P-38 canopy pieces that I had spoken to Tamiya Customer Service about showed up in my mailbox, today!  Incredible.  I had first written to Tamiya on May 15, and gotten an e-mail response within 20 minutes about the limited capabilities they have as a result of the COVID crisis.  I had sent a follow-up e-mail on June 4, and was told that it was likely that Tamiya wouldn't be returning to their offices until after June 15.  But I received my replacement parts, free of charge, in the mail today.  The gentleman's name that I was dealing with is Gary Demory, and again, this was through e-mail contact.

Gary's the guy I dealt with as well.   Fantastic service, he bailed me out with free (I offered to pay) replacement landing gear leg for my 32nd Corsair.     If only everyone had such amazing customer service. 

3 minutes ago, 11bee said:

Gary's the guy I dealt with as well.   Fantastic service, he bailed me out with free (I offered to pay) replacement landing gear leg for my 32nd Corsair.     If only everyone had such amazing customer service. 

I absolutely agree, 100%!!  And, like you, I also offered to pay for the parts and shipping, but he wouldn't accept it.  Say what you will about Tamiya models being, perhaps, not as detailed as some other manufacturer's kits, when you combine their kit quality with their customer service, it's hard not to call Tamiya the number one model kit outfit. 

Edited by Curt B