Nuclear bombs and modern aircraft

Eduard will manufacture new 1:48 nuclear bombs soon: B43-0 Nuclear Weapon w/ SC43-4/-7 and B43-1 Nuclear Weapon w/ SC43-4/-7.

I have not any knowledge about this weapons and what aircrafts could carry them.

Have you got any information for which plane may I use those resin bombs and with which weapon/pods loadout configuration?

It could be nice to make model with such unusual loadout.

Those are Cold War era nuclear weapons.

In Canada, CF-104s we’re capable of carrying the B43. I have one on one of my Starfighter builds.

One way missions in those days, my flight instructor (Private Pilot’s License)  was a CF-104 pilot in Europe during the Cold War era. He told me the scenario was to bomb your target, turn away from the blast and fly as far as your fuel would take you, then eject and find your way back to whatever home would be.

The B43 was a Cold War era weapon, so just about any NATO fighter tasked with the nuke/strike mission during that time could have used it; although, by that point the British had their own weapons to use as did the French. 

l7tdnOj.jpg

IIRC the "Broken Arrow" incident that involved a U.S. Navy A-4 that fell of a carrier elevator was a B43.  On a related note, an old Navy training film on You Tube showing live B43 and B57 weapons.  LINK 

For those looking to put it on an F-104, I believe it was mounted in a + configuration, but the bottom fin had to be removed for ground clearance issues. 

Py2zSKy.jpg

As was mentioned above, it also showed up on U.S. strategic bombers like the FB-111 and B-58.

NWfFSxF.jpg

EsgooGP.jpg

Regards,

Murph

• 2 months later...