wait time after applying decals

I just finished applying decals which I treated with 'MicroSol' during the installation.  How long should I wait before clearcoating the model?  Hard for me to guess, as the decals aren't water-soluble and I'm waiting for the water the decals were applied with and the decal-setter to dry.  And now I'm lost.  I could wait overnight, but I'd like to get an idea of how long is required for the water used in applying the decals and the setting solution to go away.  I've only done 40+ models and I've never asked this question, but it's never to late....

Thanks very much.

I usually wait at least 4 hours, but I'm in a humidity and climate-controlled room. In damper climates or times, it may take longer. My preference is overnight.

However, I technically, you should start with MicroSet, not Sol. The set goes on before the decal, and the MicroSol is used later if the decal hasn't snuggled down. I usually start with the SET, wait a couple of hours, and the hit the decals (not the bare metal paint!) with Walther's setting solution. It's a lot hotter than the Sol, so I figure if I'm gonna do it, I'm going all the way!

I have found that the MicroSol doesn't work as well for the really tough curves as the Walthers does, sample below:

2v2J4KtN4xfzdhW.jpg

Good luck,

Ed

Much appreciate the comments.  I agree that waiting overnight can't be bad, but I was trying to get an idea of what is necessary.   I do many things because they were always done that way, not because they needed to be done that way.  And this hobby, simple on its surface, has untold numbers of tasks that must be done with explicit attention.

1 hour ago, peter havriluk said:

And this hobby, simple on its surface, has untold numbers of tasks that must be done with explicit attention.

Which is why it is wise, no matter some other factors, to do the clear overcoat on a new day where you are fresh and alert! 😄