• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:21 PM, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Manuel - what paints did you use for this? The colors and contrast balance look amazing and very realistic.

TIA

Brian

Hello Brian, I use Automotive acrylics paints, to match the color I have a model master reference.
Greetings

20 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

Hello Brian, I use Automotive acrylics paints, to match the color I have a model master reference.
Greetings

Wow - I've never heard to that before. Very cool. I just tested AK Acrylics, AK Real Color Air, Testors MM, MRP and Tamiya acrylics bottle mix and sprays. Not a single brand matches another, and a lot of them are really far off. So much that decals printed to FS wouldn't come close... MM was the best for 35237 and 36320 but both bottles of 36375 needed to be lightened to work. I'm really surprised how much variance there is the AK Air line was my hope for a good match but there's is so light in every color that nothing will match...

Do you have the paints mixed to standard for you, or you do them yourself. Is it a reference guide that has matching colors mix, or you buy off the shelf paints that match FS?

thanks! Your colors look amazing. I especially like your 36375...

brian

Edited by Brian P: Fightertown Decals
17 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Wow - I've never heard to that before. Very cool. I just tested AK Acrylics, AK Real Color Air, Testors MM, MRP and Tamiya acrylics bottle mix and sprays. Not a single brand matches another, and a lot of them are really far off. So much that decals printed to FS wouldn't come close... MM was the best for 35237 and 36320 but both bottles of 36375 needed to be lightened to work. I'm really surprised how much variance there is the AK Air line was my hope for a good match but there's is so light in every color that nothing will match...

Do you have the paints mixed to standard for you, or you do them yourself. Is it a reference guide that has matching colors mix, or you buy off the shelf paints that match FS?

thanks! Your colors look amazing. I especially like your 36375...

brian

Hello Brian, I used automotive paints almost a ten year ago at least, better results more durable an cheaper.For the color I have the model master reference, and I make my own mix, sometimes with a few adjusmets with photo references, and it works for me.

Greetings.

Edited by Manuel J. Armas S.