PV-1 Prop Question

Just started the Revell PV-1 and I know the prop are wrong in the kit.  My question is, I thought I read somewhere you could exchange them out for RM B-17 or C-47 props.  I think I have both in the spares bin.  I really don't want to spend money on resin if I don't have too.  

Thanks 

Brent

You may have to cut down the B-17 props a bit.  As I recall, the reason PV-1s used the paddle-blade props is because the engines were so close to the fuselage, but they still needed a lot of blade area to utilize the extra horsepower.   The wings were basicallythe same as the Lodestar, which used 1200 hp R-1820s, but the Ventura was upgraded to 2000 hp R-2800s.

SN

• 3 weeks later...

So to fix the prop issue, I decided to go in-flight and use the prop-blur items.  I posted this question in the research forum, but didn't get any traction so I'll see it gets more here 😊

I am going to make it an in-flight pose where it looked like it just bombed a u-boat (Probably not 100% accurate but I don't care).  My question is would they have dropped the entire bomb load in one pass or would they come back around for a second?  Also how quickly would they have closed the bomb bay doors? 

Thanks 

Brent

In flight research had me try all kinds of ways to render the props. 

This is the best way for me to do it , a solid opaque item just looks too fake.

It was either this or a bare spinner.

Clear plex airbrushed to suit:

basechecks0004-zpscrm14y6k.jpg

Best reasons, no purchase needed , no disappointment after spending money on unrealistic a/m stuff.

Best fun; Watching guys at shows double taking , thinking the prop IS spinning.

HTH's