For Sale: Entire Scale Model Collection

• I'm selling my entire collection of scale models. There are 400 kits in total (90% aircraft 10% cars etc). My asking price is $2,800. I would like to sell the whole lot to someone instead of piecing them out. However, if you're only interested in buying a few kits please comment/message me the kit name and your price and we can go from there.
  • I will ship worldwide
  • I will be shipping from 80919
  • Imgur link contains all 16 photographs of my collection: 
  • http://imgur.com/a/nsFeUCv

Hi!

I would like to buy the savanna RX-7 for my brother and the german mini subs (just the five from the picture) for my grandpa.  I saw some recent posts that talked about people not getting their stuff though so I was wondering if we could meet in a person at a grocery store or something to buy the stuff.  Plus you said your in 80919 and I also live in the Springs. Let me know! 

19 hours ago, fasteagle12 said:

Not that I would buy anything (especially on his first post),  but was wondering how you knew this was a scam.  Have you dealt with the guy before? 

Take point fasteagle12, let us know how it turns out.

It doesn’t pass the smell test, IMO.

2 minutes ago, 305swag said:

Take point fasteagle12, let us know how it turns out.

It doesn’t pass the smell test, IMO.

As I said "Not that I would buy anything (especially on his first post), ", I just was wondering if he has seen the guy before scamming.

Mr fasteagle 12.

No, I have never seen the guy scamming before. And like you said, I should noted that this was his first post.

If I am in the wrong, I apologize for false accusations. 

I contacted the guy requesting some models. He responded right away to my post accepting my offer. Second warning should have been that he requested “ send to friend” payment. Well, I have been a modeler since I could reach my brothers kits and destroy them and I always know modelers for being honest and super people. I hate low life critters that take advantage of us honest modelers!!!!

The money got withdrawn right away and PAyPAL notified me that the transaction could be a scam. I tried to contact him several more time with no response. I told him to please answer my post or I would cancel the payment. He did not. So I called to cancel payment and I was notified that once that money got withdrawn I was out of luck.

So far no kits no post.

So if I am in the wrong, again,  my apologies, but I figure by now he would have defended himself in this forum.

So, I guess I got scammed!!!!

4 hours ago, fasteagle12 said:

As I said "Not that I would buy anything (especially on his first post), ", I just was wondering if he has seen the guy before scamming.

I always like to give people the benefit or doubt. But man it sure looks fishy.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:02 AM, fasteagle12 said:

Not that I would buy anything (especially on his first post),  but was wondering how you knew this was a scam.  Have you dealt with the guy before? 

He has the same listing over at Hyperscale. He was caught selling the same kits to a couple of guys over at Hyperscale, both have paid for the same models and he has since disappeared. He is newly registered there and also asked his buyers to pay with friends and family.

He is also apparently using two names in his emails, one is Mitchell Marchesani and the second is Julian Salazar.

I’d say buyer beware and very careful with this guy as this is all fishy.

As the moderator I'm not sure if I should ban this person or leave it open for a while for Waltmert.  If I ban him then he certainly would not be able to answer here if he was so inclined.  I will watch this thread and hope that no one gets screwed...

Terry Sumner

1 hour ago, modelingbob said:

When a seller requires the buyer that they will only accept payment via PayPal Family & Friends, you need to be aware of scammers. PayPal Family & Friends does NOT offer any PayPal protections at all. None, nada, zip. Hopefully, a valuable lesson was learned from this. 

Especially a newly registered member.

I have sold to friends and bought from friends. In those instances I am OK with it.

11 hours ago, Scooby said:

Especially a newly registered member.

I have sold to friends and bought from friends. In those instances I am OK with it.

There are a lot of good traders here. But scammers are everywhere. If the seller requires PayPal Family & Friends as the method of payment, that is your first clue for a scammer. And if they are not a long time forum member, that's your second clue. And if they are a brand new member on another forum posting the same thing, that's your third clue. Personally, I pass if they require PayPal Family & Friends, but that's just me. Standard PayPal, no problem, I'll do it, even if I think you might be a scammer. 

Edited by modelingbob

Well, I am short $120 and the "person" did not contact me at all.

So if he is reading this messages, he knows well what he is up to

and basically I go scammed.

Nothing more that I will like than to find this fellow and teach him some manners.

Walter

I got a refund! Wasn’t expecting it, hadn’t asked for one yet.

I ordered a trio of kits back when the post first appeared on HS. I wasn’t keen on the F&F payment thing on PayPal, especially since it was his first post.   So I kicked in the extra two bucks to cover his fee ( unasked for)and used the regular purchase option.  So I figured I was covered by PayPal in case nothing ever shipped...

Makes me wonder if a parent or boss got wind of what was going on....?

If a a seller with no history asks for friends and family payment, you can always opt to kickin a little extra to cover the fee. If the seller balks, that is a red flag in my book.   The seller fee is 2.9% plus 30 cents- on my $35 purchase, that was under $2. 

On 2/4/2019 at 5:49 PM, flanker27 said:

Reminds me of our good friend Dean Lehr, wonder how he is doing now. He still own me $120.

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

He ripped me off years ago too, paid for a 1/32 Tamiya F-16CJ. 

Edited by 305swag

Just curious to see if anyone on here that is waiting for a response, or their kits, has been contacted by this seller yet?  They started a new thread a few hours ago selling different items, and have spoken out against being a scammer.  

David

Hey contacted me yesterday via email and apologized for the delay but he was in poor health and has been in and out of the hospital the last couple of weeks and he would be sending out all the kits that have been purchased. I stated that he needed to make a statement on all the boards that he listed on and explain his situation because he’s name is mud right now because of the lack of communication. Who knows? I appreciate the email but actions speaks louder  than words, we’ll see?

Edited by 9800Reuben
Corrected spelling
1 hour ago, midnightprowler said:

Another weird thing, the first person to respond to this thread is a first time poster.

The first reply looks super fishy, now that you mention it.  That poster has not been back to the forums since their one and only post as well.