For Sale: Entire Scale Model Collection

39 minutes ago, Helmsman said:

Maybe it worth to limit "For Sale" forum to new members until certain number of posts, like they do on Britmodeller forum?

I think the reason Britmodeller did it was because of the number of "scammers".

I don't mind, as I have enough posts, but I think careful monitoring by Mods and input from the members should be enough here.

Just my 2¢.

Larry

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2019 at 6:22 PM, Modelplaneseller said:

I'm selling my entire collection of scale models.

Read the warnings, realize my comment was unnecessary considering, delete.

Edited by Stalker6recon
Wrote before realizing its a scam, delete please.
On 2/4/2019 at 11:22 AM, modelingbob said:

When a seller requires the buyer that they will only accept payment via PayPal Family & Friends, you need to be aware of scammers. PayPal Family & Friends does NOT offer any PayPal protections at all. None, nada, zip. Hopefully, a valuable lesson was learned from this. 

Ah, so that is how people scam these days, thanks for the tip, I was unaware of the "no protection" clause, as family and friends is free. Now that makes sense. Never even new that it was an option until I had to send my brother money, and paypal made sure that I knew the person, and I wondered why they cared....... That is why.

I actually looked over the pictures, which are terrible quality by the way, another hint something is wrong, probably downloaded from a legit store. Who buys 10 glow in the dark skeletons?

Hope someone finds this clown and gives him the what-for!

Reading about banning this guy, just sucks because anyone with half a brain can create a new profile, but that should be a tell anyway, as already pointed out, if you don't have any posts, no friends, no work, no threads started, nothing, and you claim to want to sell immediately, yeah, suspect is putting it mildly.

Such a shame. I am very new here, and I would never consider ripping someone off in the first place, I know how hard I worked for what little I have, and I am broke, but I would rather eat dirt than cheat someone out of what they earned.

Sad commentary, having swine show up and try to take advantage. Glad you didn't ban him yet, so he can read about the kind of person he is. Not only is he a failure in life, but so are the parents that released a broken human being onto the world, they failed us all. Live with that, and when you see your parents, smack them across the mouth for me, tell them its courtesy of

Anthony D'Agostino

Vista Grande, Phase 1, Block 9, Lot 29, M2 Las Vegas St

Bulacau, Talisay city

Cebu, PH 6045

Thats right, ask them to visit me, I will do the slapping personally! I hate scammers!

On 2/4/2019 at 11:47 PM, modelingbob said:

Standard PayPal, no problem, I'll do it, even if I think you might be a scammer

Edited February 4 by modelingbob

Really....... (licking my fingers in anticipation) well, I have a new 1:1 scale Hasegawa F-18F with full afterburner functions (hasegawa warning, use tie down before activation of AF, AND KEEP LITTLE POODLES AWAY, or you will be eating true hot-dogs for dinner)! All this can be yours for not 80,000,000      not 1,000,000 in fact the price is so low, you need to send me $200 paypawl, the new no fee, all insured payment method from WescamU to get the triple double secret secret probation price sent via secret courier from our quadruple secret bunker in area sixty....... whatever area has those aliens......

Waiting for your money, 😉 😉

On 2/20/2019 at 11:09 PM, Helmsman said:

Maybe it worth to limit "For Sale" forum to new members until certain number of posts, like they do on Britmodeller forum?

I am a bit late to the party, but as a new member, I don't think I would even try selling anything on any site/forum for at least a few years, so limiting me would not hurt one bit, I say do it. Most new people that join, are like me, new to modeling. We don't have anything to sell yet, we are more interested in buying tools and kits anyway, at least I am.

It sickens me that someone would ruin the idea behind these forums. I have found that nearly everyone is not only friendly, but overly generous with tips and tricks, its kind of spooky really.

Then you have reality crash in, seems there is no place left on the internet where some three time loser is going to try and take advantage. I snapped back to reality (sadly) from this thread. Fortunately I have been talking to some real (varified) people on here and Britmodeller.com, that I know I could trust to buy from. Or, I can trust their advice for/against buying from another.

If we all look out for each other, maybe these clowns won't get a single bite from us.

Anthony stalker6recon D'Agostino

PS. I often use my full name in posts, maybe not a smart idea, but I want people to know that I am who I am, nothing to hide. You can probably google me, not sure what you would find, hopefully NOT my eight grade yearbook picture.