1/48 UH-72 Lakota - Completed

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Tank said:

That is some nice work you got done. What scheme/s are you planning for the decals?

Thanks 🙂

As for the scheme/decals, the Lakota is normally seen in these 4 schemes, and I'm playing it safe for now, and probably go with a standard drab Army scheme, as I have no idea what would be preferred? Would be great to get some feedback from the guys regarding this?

1aEU1x.jpg

Although pink is not one of my favourite colours on helicopters, I'm rather intrigued by this scheme on one that participated in fire fighting exercises in 2012.

6F0X7o.jpg

wVtanb.jpg

Cheers,

John

Edited by ScaleWorx
typo

I like the fluorescent pink scheme myself and no one offers that in any scale.

While the flames are a nice add there are other conservative firefighter schemes.

https://www.alamy.com/a-california-national-guard-uh-72-lakota-helicopter-left-prepares-to-land-near-a-uh-60-black-hawk-as-military-helicopter-managers-mhems-from-the-california-department-of-forestry-and-fire-protection-cal-fire-prepare-for-training-april-8-during-the-2017-wildland-firefighting-training-at-allen-ranch-martell-california-us-army-national-guard-photostaff-sgt-eddie-siguenza-image186125205.html

https://www.verticalmag.com/features/improving-security-and-support/

I will say, having the spot light included was also be nice. Folks can also use that on the OD birds too.

Simple black numbers and letters would also work for orange test side (added skid floats would be a nice touch) and camo scheme Germany birds.

Great work as usual John!!

At last a 145 in the proper scale, and looking good. I have never understood Revell's tendency to release these kits in 1/32.

I would prefer a civil livery myself, like the scheme hawkwrench provided. But I guess I'd be outnumbered by the military aviation fans on ARC!

:cheers:

Gertjan

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen 🙂

Hawkwrench, very nice EMS scheme on that EC145. My decals are ALPS printed, and long decals tend to tear very easily. An EMS helo would also require quite a bit of equipment inside the cabin, and it also has the blister on the nose (think it's a weather radar?).

Tank, I saw those other pink UH-72's, but it looks a bit like the pink was applied in a rush... I've looked at some other schemes, taking simplicity in mind, and the UK NPAS ones look quite nice, although it will require a different FLIR turret and searchlight. Would have wanted to do the French Gendarmerie, but long thin decals required...

Geejeez, thanks for the compliment 🙂

It is rather strange that Revell chose 1/32 over 1/48... Same with the BK-117.

Unfortunately the military stuff tends to draw the most attention. The UH-72 does at least have some colourful options. Plenty of EC145's in the civilian as well as EMS role, but will it sell?

Cheers,

John

37236906_639876796377187_6892162620078424064_n.jpg

2 hours ago, ScaleWorx said:

Tank, I saw those other pink UH-72's, but it looks a bit like the pink was applied in a rush...

Yes it was, fire fighting missions are not scheduled exercises. The equipment and personal are picked up as needed, the needed colors are then added to make the helos more visible in the smoke. I have seen other fluorescent colors added. 

On 2/11/2019 at 3:30 AM, Tank said:

Yes it was, fire fighting missions are not scheduled exercises. The equipment and personal are picked up as needed, the needed colors are then added to make the helos more visible in the smoke. I have seen other fluorescent colors added. 

Hi Tank, sorry for the late reply... That makes sense.

I never posted a pic of the resin parts, so here we go.

UKjhcq.jpg

Cheers,

John

17 hours ago, Rotorman said:

So nice...now if only an alouette 3 in 1/35...

Thanks man, 

The 1/48 Alouette III was really hard to scratch build, and if I ever decide to tackle the Alouette III in a larger scale, it'll be 1/32 though 😉

30 minutes ago, ScaleWorx said:

Thanks man, 

The 1/48 Alouette III was really hard to scratch build, and if I ever decide to tackle the Alouette III in a larger scale, it'll be 1/32 though 😉

1/32 will be great.  Im a patient man. ...whenever u get around to it..lol

• 2 years later...

Hi guys,

So it's been two years since I finished the 1/48 Lakota's masters, but haven't seen one built. I certainly don't have time to complete models anymore. A modeler from Thailand, Supawat Putthitornworasit, finished this one recently. He added some extra scratchbuilt details and pilots, and it turned out nicely 🙂

https://imgur.com/WzlibYWhttps://imgur.coWzlibYW.jpg

PDh7PNb.jpg

SauO322.jpg

xr3O4jB.jpg

rMMLSPo.jpg

C9XLKZ2.jpg

G9ojFeA.jpg

zEYwQob.jpg

ToVgJwK.jpg

RqKH4Yr.jpg

PWVTiYG.jpg

CwhvtAl.jpg