The Super Gunship : My Addition to the TTA Universe

Despite building them very rarely, I really do like space ships. On one hand, they really let  you use your imagination, since they’re not real. On the other, most ships of which there are kits are so famous that to paint them in other than their “accepted” schemes can often be considered akin to heresey! I’ve always wanted to build my “own” ship, with its own back story. However, I’m not up for that kind of scratchbuilding, so that left me high and dry.

That was until I came across the Wave kit of the Solvalou, a non-scale kit of the main fighter from the video game Xevious. Since I’m no gamer, and never was, I had no connection to the ship, nor did I have any preconceived notions about how it should look, scale or anything else. So, I finally had a chance to get imaginative!

I had great fun paying tribute to my two favourite books, the Usborne Book of the Future and the original TTA Book (Spacecraft 2000-2100AD) with this little model, which turned out to be a great kit!

Check out my personal addition to the TTA universe at the link below, and let me know what you think!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/1-1500-cam-1228-p2-super-gunship-wave-non-scale-solvalou/

img%5D

Edited by Faust