1/72 Fw-190 A8 2/JGr 11 Black 10

This Kit was offered to me by my SO a while back, and its one of the first "new generation" airfix kits.

I've been looking for it for quite a long time, and this groupbuild gave me the push to open the box.

nYy7DGR.jpg

I will be depicting the Black 10 from the 2/JGr 11 station at Darmstad-Dierburg in 1945.

I didn’t find much information about this particular machine, except that it didn’t end well..

Focke_Wulf_Fw_190_black_10.jpg

So.. here is some work:

5VUnbSw.jpg

This is my first contact with the newest Airfix, and man.. I really like them. Some sayt that panel lines are too deep, but I kind of like that.

The detail is quite nice, although the cockpit is a bit bland, so I decided to make some seatbelts.

H6LMuS2.jpg

Cockpit painted and both halves glues together.

T79RrGU.jpg

Cheers,

IBST

• 4 weeks later...

update..

Fuselage and wings glued together.

There is a small gap between the wings and the fuselage and another in the underbelly.

I was expecting a perfect fit from this tool, but its still light years from old Airfix 🙂

oG1Quwd.jpg

OBLq36v.jpg

The nose piece is completely off. I dont really understand how they miss this when designing the pieces.

SZaC1wy.jpg

JtSdfMx.jpg

Tamiya grey primer (spray decanted to my old Badger 100G)

r2jH4lV.jpg

And the paint job. Pre-shading with black and then Valejo Model Air: Light Blue RLM 76, Grey Violet RLM75 and Dark Grey Blue

05qzJCL.jpg

hML7vvS.jpg

And a nice coat with Future to get it ready for decals.

wgIAjeU.jpg

Cheers,

IBST

Edited by ibst

Looks great!

I am dreading the painting my Luftwaffe builds..I have never managed to get it to look goo, but yours looks great! I have gotten away from pre-shading, but I think it works for the lower blue of these aircraft..gonna have to get back into it. 

Sean