Ready for lift off

It has been a long time since I been in here. Dont frequent forums much any more and have moved on to something a little bigger. This is what we been up to. 1/10 7 foot Arrow. Two 90mm electronic ducted fans, two 22.2 volt batteries and two red brick 125 amp speed controller. We plan to fly it this coming spring at the old air field in Bonchere

18055687_1355438077856472_2024984441062688945_o.jpg

The Arrow is blue insulation foam with aluminum arrow shafts for strength. The red and white is a scratch build with using pink foam. The Spitfire is me putting it up in Zurakowski Park after a repaint and putting the call letters on. It was a kit. The desk that most of my smaller work is done belonged to Janusz Zurakowski. His son Mark gave it to me. What a pleasure to build on a piece of history.

wilgamartin.jpg

zur50_zps933a5725.jpg

Oh that Arrow is going to look good in the air!

Which is not to insinuate that it might look any less good on the ground 😄

For those with an interest in the aircraft, this is a pretty good book if you can find one.

Copyright 1980, revised 1992.

I haven't looked to see whether there are further editions.

35533523261_859f73c9df_z.jpg

35276573790_594689de78_z.jpg

If you youtube Avro Arrow rest flight there is a guy in Barrie Ontario tested one with devastating results. It is plain to see his center of gravity was tail heavy. Almost looks like the Zurabatic flip. The one from Barrie was about 10 times the cost of ours. Ours was about 1,500. Found this https://www.amazon.ca/Avro-Arrow-Story-Evolution-Extinction/dp/1550460471

Edited by Avroman
add info