VERY Long Shot, LF Academy OV-10A Prop/Spinner 72nd

Hi All,

Anybody have a junked Academy Broncos that can spare one or two props/spinners in 72nd scale.  Trying to build a Philippine AF bird with the 4-bladed spinner (Don't think I'll be seeing them produced in resin or plastic soon!).  As usual, will Buy or Trade for them.

Thanks,

Glynn "WARDOG" Jacobs

You and me both man, trying to do a OV-10G+

Barring that I'm considering picking up a set of 1/144 B-29 props from Brengun and scratching the spinner. The sizes are comparable enough to make it work.

Cheers,

Hoops

Hi-ya, Hoops!

Happy New Year and hoping that you, Frau Hooper, und die Kinder are all well.  Tried t o PM you but your box is full.

Anyway, it looks like I'll have to buy a sprue from Academy and break out my trusty Dremel!  Was hoping that Quick Boost or CMK (I have their beautiful cockpit set!) would make the prop/spinner but, who knows?  By-the-by, does the spinner look a bit smaller for the 4-bladed type to you?  I'll check.  Will collaborate with you on this one!

Take Care and BE SAFE,

WARDOG

Something funny must be going on with the forums, as my mailbox is showing only 24% full.

I don't actually have the plastic here yet, it's on it's way from an ebay auction. I think that the spinner is the same diameter, but to my eye it looks like it is longer from front to back, with a more pointed tip.

Cheers,

Hoops

Edited by Hoops
  • 2 weeks later...