Issues Posting on the forums

19 minutes ago, SBARC said:

I wonder if the issue might be image file size?  My 15kb banner uploaded ok.

I successfully uploaded a 99.3kb pic on Jan. 15th but noticed last night that it no longer showed. Right click view image showed some kind of error (wish I had taken notes!).

I edited the post, deleted the broken pic link and replaced it with a Photobucket link.

Testing again:

Su-33_cover_700.jpg.0f04536110d8a06902c4c50f7b7e7474.jpg

:cheers:

7 minutes ago, hawkwrench said:

Does this mean you don't need to have a photo hosting site to upload the pics from???

Tim

As long as the pics are 100kb or smaller you can host them here.

There may be an issue though(?) per my previous post.

:cheers:

For those of us who are technically challenged, how do you reduce the file size on those pics?   Most of my pictures are larger.   

What brought this change on?  Seems like this is the way it should have always been but ARC (and pretty much all the other sites out there) have always required the use of a hosting service...  This comes at a great time, first there was the PB fiasco, and recently my current service (flikr) was nice enough to inform me that they are capping the number of free pics they will host at 1,000.   

On 1/31/2019 at 4:07 PM, AlienFrogModeller said:

Hi everyone, just checking to see if it's me or not...I am having issues posting in the forums.

it seems to be when I try to attach pics...

I had this same exact issue last weekend.  After a few days, things were normal again.

Steve

7 minutes ago, A-10 LOADER said:

I had this same exact issue last weekend.  After a few days, things were normal again.

Steve

I link from post image, just found that there was a few instances where I would have some issues. seems to be cleared up. My process had not changed when issues occured. What really puzzled me was I could not come back into ARC. This would vary from a few seconds to several minutes. It would time out, and then I would wait, then would reattempt with the same results. Waited a day or two then it would be okay. Hard reset to my laptop and shut downs would not make a difference. I am wondering if the latest windows update had an effect, there has been some known issues with that update...dunno- back to modelling.

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
1 minute ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

I link from post image, just found that there was a few instances where I would have some issues. seems to be cleared up. My process had not changed when issues occured. What really puzzled me was I could not come back into ARC. This would vary from a few seconds to several minutes. It would time out, and then I would wait, then would reattempt with the same results. Waited a day or two then it would be okay. Hard reset to my laptop and shut downs would not make a difference. I ma wondering if the latest windows update had an effect, there has been some known issues with that update...dunno- back to modelling.

That's weird. I was able to get right back to ARC, I could even re-edit my post but, every time I would try to submit my update, I got that server issue message ??

Today I see some of my pics, in my current WIP thread, have gone away ?? I HATE computers and, I think they know that.

Steve

30 minutes ago, 11bee said:

For those of us who are technically challenged, how do you reduce the file size on those pics?   Most of my pictures are larger.   

You can reduce resolution (number of pixels), reduce color depth, and increase compression (if jpeg). All of these methods reduce image quality. 

Some time back some clever but malicious people figured out how to embed viruses in image files. Once the infected image file was uploaded to a forum the embedded virus attacked the forum software. Apparently you can’t fit a virus in a file as small as 100kb. That is why the “rules” were changed. 

Edited by habu2