Only option to give news of a sort

To all concerned here is some good news about the F-14 from AMK. Even though it is not a direct news from them, but still it is as direct as possible.

The Boss of Annetra the Czech company who is behind the new 48th scale Mi-17 Hip kit has spent spent 10 days in China with AMK a week ago. Here is a short report by him on Modelforum cz

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68170&start=11280

He was there and had the parts in his hands AMK is working hard on it.

I am sure when the time comes AMK will be on air with news. I expect they will be more careful with what they say this time.

On another question there was also inquiry about AMK MiG-25 kit. As far as my translating program can tell, work is on but everything is now concentrated on the Tomcat and the Mi-17.

If it is good news or bad for all those out there, everyone can make their own judgement.

I tried to keep it as simple as possible and to the point, hope it will be acceptable this way, and also hope that people will not flood the forum with useless wish lists and "questionable" comments extending it to hundreds of pages! 

Best regards

Gabor

Thanks Gabor. Its good we are finally getting some news, albeit indirectly, about the AMK F-14D. Sounds like they did take it back for a major rework. I'll be interested to see what they finally come out with.

Let's just say I wholly concur with what one Tomáš Pelej has posted there: I'll believe in AMK when the promised 1/48 Tomcat D kit hits the shelves. Otherwise, it's just an empty (and long expired) promise to me -  even anything this  L. Jareš Annetra wants to affirm.

Cheers,

Onigiri

P.S: Hi Mark! :wave:

If the Czech guy is giving AMK design & moulding work they will obviously give him something to fondle to gauge quality. Tomcat bits fondling. I suspect they are working hard on whatever makes money and the Tomcat will be ready when it's ready — though there is a rumour, albeit rather unreliable and woolly, that there is some cross-breeding going on with the GWH Tomcat.

I don't see the point of the 1/48 MiG-25 project now that ICM has flooded the market; not only under their own brand but also reboxed in Revell and Hasegawa editions: eight boxings, with one more confirmed for nine and no doubt a couple more before long. And Kitty Hawk have brought out another, with a -25PU coming soon, for three. That's twelve already: more Foxbats than you can hang upside down from a tree.

But I do think AMK, if it thrives, should stick to Russian jets which it does so admirably. 

Tony

If i was a moulding company I would make sure I am satisfying my customer (Mi-17) and work on my own projects (F-14D) when I can. To be honest I have enough kits as it is so I am in no hurry for when they release their F-14.

7 hours ago, terrysumner said:

At Zactoman's request we have reopened the AMK thread. See last message there from moderator.

My only intention was to share a news item that I came across on that Czech forum. Since at the time the epic F-14 forum was closed, the only way for me was to start this one. I tried to help those who are interested in the Tomcat and to clear some of the unfounded rumour’s starting to circulate!

Was it a 3rd party giving news on developments instead of the company proper? It is a Yes and a No as well. As far as I know Annetra is the distributor for AMK kits, so he is very closely involved with the company, but yes he is from Czech Republic and as such could be taken for a 3rd party.

What will happen to the Tomcat kit is in the future.

Best regards

Gabor

I can’t imagine AMK sinking money into a MiG-25 at this late date.  If they had done it three or four years ago they would have owned the market.  But ICM’s kit is too nice, and with the exception of the MiG-25P, they have either produced or announced every version of the single seaters.

7 hours ago, Sonoran said:

I can’t imagine AMK sinking money into a MiG-25 at this late date.  If they had done it three or four years ago they would have owned the market.  But ICM’s kit is too nice, and with the exception of the MiG-25P, they have either produced or announced every version of the single seaters.

How many companies (even as we speak)  "sinking money" into projects like Me-109, Mustang, Spit, Phantom, F-16 . . .   which have already been produced by zilions of kit producers.

Best regards

Gabor

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

How many companies (even as we speak)  "sinking money" into projects like Me-109, Mustang, Spit, Phantom, F-16 . . .   which have already been produced by zilions of kit producers.

Best regards

Gabor

AMK aren't Tamiya, who can do as they please and still sell. There's been a deluge of good MiG-25 kits over the past two years from ICM with more on the way. Market flooded, at least for the next few years. 

But if AMK spend 4-5 years developing a MiG-25 kit the market might open up again by then. Personally, I'd rather they did something that really needs attention, like the Su-15 Flagon, or something else with swing-wings like an accurate F-111F or MiG-23UB

Tony