And, the decals are on. Some were out of scale and I had to use from the spare box, others were simply missing... but I did what I could to replicate them. Anyway, they are very very nice in terms of gluing/handling. Here is an overview, and note the subtle discoloration of certain panels and components as well:

20231230-105303.jpg

20231230-105018.jpg

20231230-105430.jpg

20231230-105550.jpg

Cheerio and HNY! 🙂

Posted (edited)

The first-stage weathering is with oil paints - I used mostly blue and white, and a little bit of black as well:

20231231-111956.jpg

20240101-134124.jpg

Then, I will proceed with the final matt coat, and another stage with oil paints. Although I use Abteilung oil paints, which are the best in the category, they dry very very slow. So, I started my new model - the F-104 Starfighter in 1/32 - check it out.

Edited by my favs are F`s

Wow. That pretty much looks like I picture the real thing... I bet it has tiny radar cross section and drops real 1/32 scale bombs. Amazing work.

6 hours ago, Thadeus said:

Wow. That pretty much looks like I picture the real thing... I bet it has tiny radar cross section and drops real 1/32 scale bombs. Amazing work.

Thanks! hehe 🙂 ...almost. It is without the bombs yet, only the bomb bays open and the rails move...

Outstanding project! Really impressed by your super detailing and attention to all the details! 

I've been reading the thread from the start, fantastic... I'll use this as my go to thread if I do a F-117 ever again.

• 2 weeks later...

All the weathering adventures are done, and it is ready. 🙂 I added the last details in the cockpit, the PE intake grilles, removed all masks, and I did just manage to take a video with almost no daylight left, so here is just a glimpse:

The bottom side is gorgeous as well. 🙂 I made some sort of an ''alignment device'' that helped me draw long straight lines for the engine door leaks:

20240111-145821.jpg

And all dry, with a flashlight at an angle, otherwise I used satin lacquer for these lines and, in daytime, they are visible only at the same angles. 

20240121-180726.jpg

Sorry to belabor the already saidhear, but Yes, Yes, & YES on your build!

Outstanding capture of the stress skin and subtle yet visible weathering on a black aircraft.

It was a joy to watch your updates and I’ll be watching your video soon.

Congratulations on a job well done.

Keep modeling !

Mr. Happy

Thanks all! Appreciated.

@ Steve, the canopy is the AFV Club canopy with anti-reflection coating... as its label says. I was sceptical in the beginning, but it really changes hue according to the angle. The two small front facets are slighty less orange-y than the larger side facets, while the front center facet has a purple hue. There are certain angles where it looks like a normal transparent canopy. 🙂 It's really a play of colors. And the entire coating is from the inner side, so only it needs legit protection; the outer side is normal plastic and there are no issues with the touching/masking/cleaning/etc.

@ Mr. Happy, I indeed took a very very nice video that I liked a lot, uploaded it to youtube - only to see that it is reversed. I couldn't find an option to reverse it back in a normal orientation. Quite a bummer... almost nothing is visible, so I deleted it. Next time I prep the background and the model on the base - I'll take a proper video for sure. Btw just checked - here is a link to the video in my Drive... https://drive.google.com/file/d/142x0VDisU_eRzap6QUcfa83_rgbNqpSB/view?usp=sharing - if it plays allright - sry that it is reversed... I'll take a better one. 😉 And I plan on a ''parked'' photoshoot, with the landing gear down, canopy open... it gotta be like a different model... but I still want to enjoy it as it is, in the in-flight mode.

2 hours ago, utley said:

Man, that is sexy. Are the doors pose-able?

10x, and yeah, it does things like this:

IMG-20230213-091938.jpg

but I believe (the truth is that I didn't try to open everything at once yet, as is painted/finished) it will look so much better with the bomb bays open as well... and a couple of huge green GBUs underneath... and it's not only that. The big doors when viewed from the side should look nicely contrasting white... the tiny little air disturber plates with the holes, from the front walls of the bays, are also moveable. The intake relief doors, from the top side, can also open and even the engine faces are visible though the ''holes''. If I'm not forgetting something - these are the doors that can open. 😉 And the landing gear doors of course. In a combo with everything else that can move, it should look like a different model between the parked/in-flight configs.