• K2Pete pinned this topic

I will come up with some images, of which there are plenty out there. I've started on the AMT 1/200 Man in Space set. Again. I started on a set a decade ago and thought it was pretty decent till I saw Mike Idacavage's ARC builds and then recently saw the assortment of 3D parts and decals. So I've started on another set. It won't be super accurate but rather "nice" from about 5 feet away.  I'm not separating any stages as that just makes it harder and less realistic-looking when they're joined and more expensive for 3D J-2 engines etc. My aftermarket:

• Indycals decal set (fabulous)
  • Mercury/escape tower for the Mercury Redstone
  • Mercury/escape tower for the Mercury Atlas
  • 2 Apollo Block II service modules
  • 2 Apollo capsule boost protective covers and escape towers
  • 2 Saturn LM adapter sections
  • 1 set of H-1 engines for the Saturn IB
  • 1 set of batted F-1 engines for the Saturn V

WooHoo, we are official! I love what you've done with the place. Some curtains and a few lazy boys and fridge with some beverages and this will be a great home for us.

My first planned build is the 1/48 scale Monogram/Revell LEM docked (or undocking) with the Dragon CSM. I'll get some pics and my thread started soon, Just have to get some things tidied up and transferred. 

It's gonna be great GB, I can feel it.

Bill

My plan is to build a 1/144 Saturn V using parts from the Monogram and Airfix kits.  I'll also be using the RealSpace CSM, LES and SLA resin set.  I've also just received the New-Ware Saturn V upgrade set that I will also be using.  At least that's the plan.

Randy

My goal is to actually finish a group build on time. I have 3 in mind for this one.

• Man in Space Saturn V
  • Man in Space Saturn IB
  • Airfix Lunar Module, which just needs to be completed.

The Man in Space builds need to be done by mid April so they can be a part of the model contest at Starfest Denver. Shameless plug - I put together that contest. Let me know if you want details.

Wish me luck!

Vern

I'm currently working on the Estes Saturn V. But I will probably be too far along for it to be an official GB. As for planned builds, I know I will do something else. Possible choices:

1/72 Dragon Saturn V (if the Estes kit doesn't burn me out)

1/72 LLRV from the IPMS USA Nationals kit

1/72 or 1/100 LM

On 2/5/2019 at 9:50 PM, Jay Chladek said:

I'm currently working on the Estes Saturn V. But I will probably be too far along for it to be an official GB.

Just so you know, the completion of a build is a non-issue on this GB. It doesn't matter to me if you're 37% done or 94% already started ... I want this GB to inspire and Motivate you to finish the model here ... and then, do another one!

Okee dokee?

Pete

well, the disease has taken full effect, it's hopeless now. I started printing and planning out a 1/32 scale LM build based on Vincent's files. The first print was the face and I am really impressed with his modeling. I think for this one I'm going to do Bean exiting the LM and on the ladder with Pete photographing him.

This is going to be fun!

Bill 

2 LM faces.jpg

Edited by niart17