... I hope you don't rush through this to meet the 'end of the month' deadline ... this is coming along very nicely, Vern ... and I wouldn't want to see you unhappy with the final result.

It's nice to hear that Vince will be continuing his Shuttle build. Thanx for setting a little fire under his ... uh ... derriere   :woo:

And I hope he'll resurrect his old thread so we can all watch his continuing progress. I've got 2 Shuttles waiting to be completed as well, so he'll have some company.

Pete

Another weekend with hopes of lots of work... Oh, well. 

I did get the seams ion the LM garage knocked down and the CSM glued on to the stack. I also figure if I can get one thing done a day, I will have it done by the con. Going to prime it today. It doesn't help that my oldest son builds gaming miniatures, and has been raised to build them like a model builder. Anyway, he beat me to the paint booth last night.

No pictures for now. Flickr is having server problems.

Vern

This is coming along nicely! ... And the "Blarg" ... is that the name of the sanding material?  :rolleyes: ... those seams will disappear and nobody will be able to tell how much work you put into it to get the seams to go away.

It always surprises me just how much better a model looks with a coat of paint on it, eh?

I hope you meet your deadline!

Pete

• 2 months later...

So, life really killed me on this one. Work ramped up to an insane level. There are still gaps and a pretty nasty paint run that needs to be sanded out. I also tried to design paint masks for the engine skirts and the interstage between the S-II and the S-IV. My measurements were off, so I need to try again.

I did get the F-1's primed and painted last weekend. I am planning on batting them with aluminum foil.

48230429252_2df110e354_b.jpg

Primed with Mr Surfacer Black 1500.

48230355706_c4a8883343_b.jpg

Alclad Steel.

Vern

It's good to see you back on this Vern ... and I agree about "Real Life" getting in the way ... darn "Life" ... preventing us from re-creating   :rolleyes:

As I get older, I seem have fewer hours in the day  ... I wonder how that works?

Keep at this Vern ... it's gonna wind up looking better than your Lego Saturn V! ... you watch ... !   :thumbsup:

Pete

I completely agree with you about the real life thing.  It's been crazy here too lately.  I used to think that with being retired I'd have all the time in the world, go figure.

The build is looking good.  Keep after it and bit by bit it will get there.

Randy