MiG-21F-13 Modelsvit 72nd scale

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

I think the An-225 will be a 300 piece edition.

I've already got my FIVE 1/72 scale tank kits ready - (2 X T-80 + 3 X T-72 IIRC) to represent the 'Self Loading Cargo' used for the various record flights.

image.jpeg.bd0ff19e3633f99f1a3c1e1922acd840.jpeg

Ken (sorry for going off-topic)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ken,

You must have a lot of space or have mowed to a new house to be able to parovide parking tarmac for that "big thing". :)))

Sorry I am off line for some time now, so have not been able to answer to this off topic comment! :))

Best regards

Gabor

Here is a bit of an appetizer for the new MiG-21F-13 kit in 72nd scale. Some detail photos have been released of the upcoming kit by Modelsvit.

I like the brake down of the cockpit where just as on the real aircraft the intake walls, the nose gear bay and the cockpit side walls are all on one moulded part.

Also look forward to see in close up the sprue with the SK ejection seat.

Best regards

Gabor  

Edited by ya-gabor
3 hours ago, Shawn C. said:

Thanks for the pics, Gabor!

Hi Shawn C.

You are most welcome! Count down is on for the Moson Show. Just 2 weeks to it!  :)))))

I know it is a complete off-topic but . . .  OK, it is not so much irrelevant to the Fihbed kit in that it is the same producer. Modelsvit has just shown first rest shoots of the brand new 48 th scale Bf-109C-3 kit on their face book. If this is the standard of moulding that is going to be on the MiG-21 also then  hats off to them.

109 is not my cup of tea but those wheel hub details are fantastic. There are more images of that 109 here:

Best regards

Gabor

Bf-109C-3 5.jpg

Edited by ya-gabor

They have always showed some innovative molding. Some of the detail on their earlier MiG-21 kits was very nice especially around the exhaust nozzle.Looking forward t this kit even though I am a later MiG-21 fan.

On 3/28/2019 at 2:09 PM, Flankerman said:

I've already got my FIVE 1/72 scale tank kits ready - (2 X T-80 + 3 X T-72 IIRC) to represent the 'Self Loading Cargo' used for the various record flights.

image.jpeg.bd0ff19e3633f99f1a3c1e1922acd840.jpeg

Ken (sorry for going off-topic)

Cannot wait to see in progress thread 😉

12 days to go and counting.  :)))

With the new kit in sight I had a look at references in my library. In my opinion still the best book around on the early Fishbed is the Czech 4+ Publication. Giving all the details that I would need, perfect handbook for modellers. The German DHS book is also good but it is a completely different approach, still has some good details.

Best regards

Gabor

21F 41.jpg

26 minutes ago, General Melchett said:

. . . wish I could be there.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks! Yes, I also look forward to the Moson show. There should be a lot of interesting things there including this brand new MiG-21F-13 which will have its world premiere here in Hungary!  

There is still plenty of time till Saturday so get yourself together and come over!!!  A cheap ticket to Vienna is all you need . . .    :)))

Modeller’s from all over Europe and beyond will be here, many Manufacturers with brand new and older goodies and everything that supports our hobby including the different publishers. It is of course not only a competition but it is also a great social event to meet with fellow modellers. On Friday night, but especially Saturday night all the pubs and restaurants in Moson are completely full of scale maniacs but they talk not only about colour shades and new sprues. Tasty food, good wine and Palinka help in communication even if they don’t speak each other’s language!  :))  Lots of new friendships are made which span thousands of kilometre’s!   

Sure, also some manufacturers will face some hard questions at the show, of why they made that Me-109G-10 with wrong colour markings or where are the boxes of that new naval swing wing fighter. . .

I will have my microscopic 144th MiG-15 to show to anyone interested.  

The weather mid weak should be around 25-26 degrees C (I mean PLUS) with lots of sunshine. Something similar is anticipated for the weekend.

Till then Happy Easter to everyone!

Best regards

Gabor

Happy Easter Gábor!

I am looking forward to keeping the Izdeliye 74 in my hands. Hope that the Modelsvit team brings enough...

I wonder how Modelsvit could work out the details behind the cockpit where a bunch of control rods and fuel lines are located. 

I pretty much like the yellow coloured pipelines as they are outstanding from the silver-metallic finish of the MiG. So far this area was overlooked by the firms, although I have to admit, the area is very small in 1:72 scale. 

See you at Mosonshow!

Pali

Edited by Pal

There is still plenty of time till Saturday so get yourself together and come over!!!  A cheap ticket to Vienna is all you need . . .    :)))

Unfortunately it falls on the same weekend as the Milton Keynes show over here and I have meetings with folks already booked. ...Next year, however, is a different matter, I shall be there...

Sure, also some manufacturers will face some hard questions at the show, of why they made that Me-109G-10 with wrong colour markings or where are the boxes of that new naval swing wing fighter. . .

Ha...you go get 'em Gabor...(I'd love to be there to hear the answer to the first one, but then again I think we know already 😉)

Hi Andy,

Yes, I know it is not so easy to jump in at a short notice. Actually the biggest problem with Moson is accommodation. All local hotels and B&B are fully booked well in advance. Actually most people who are sure to come next year, including manufacturers are booking now at end of April rooms for Moson Show 2020 to be sure to get them. Accommodation is the biggest problem with Moson Show. It is a very small provincial city which is not really “designed” for such an international event. Still people manage somehow. I will be going from Budapest with a 100+ km drive each way.

A short update on weather. On Thursday we could have Plus 30 C, real summer weather. For the weekend a cold front will arrive with some rain but it should still be around 20C.

Best regards

Gabor

Well, there has been no MiG brought to Mosonshow by the Modelsvit Team. It’s a pity, for me personally it would have been one of the highlights of the new stuff, and also a good chance to introduce the kit to the public. That’s life... I think I am not the only one who got disappointed. Next year then...

I am sorry for the disappointment! Well it is not me who should be sorry. . .

I did ask today for reasons, since the kit is ready and packed. The distributor will start shipping this coming week to the shops.

My personal opinion is that a good  marketing opportunity was missed to introduce the kit at this show even if in limited numbers.

Well actually it was introduced and a sample kit was shown along with the brand new M-55, the Me-109D and the An-225 but it did not go on sale.

(In fact they had to strengthen the table under the gigantic An-225 kit so that it will not collapse. :)))) 

The show was an excellent chance to speak directly to Modelsvit designers and to the distributor Modelsvit BG. Good to know the people behind the kits and the fantastic ideas they have!

More on the new MiG-21 F-13 kit soon.

Best regards

Gabor

Look forward to your impressions Gabor. Strange not to release at least a few kits at the show but that's MVs (or BG) decision, may well be an opportunity missed. The An-225 is something else...I have several friends with orders in to buy the monster, personally, I'd be tempted to add an Amodel Buran to really top it off.

OK, here is the Modelsvit stand and that enormous An-225. The main body parts and the wings are all glass fibre. THEY ARE HUGE!!!!!!!!!!

Fortunately the nose section is a separate unit. Now which aftermarket company is going to produce an “Interior Set” to show the kit with open “nose”?????  :)))))))

OK it is a stupid question . . . 

I would say the cost of that aftermarket set would on its own be worth a fortune. Was it 200 pieces run planned of the An-225 by Modelsvit? So the development of the interior set would need to take into account that number and obviously many of the would be buyers will not want to spend another decade on detailing the interior. Al right enough of this nonsense. The kit looks amazing! There were many big bags full of sprues inside that enormous box to provide all the other parts.

FBYvE5P.jpg

A good selection of Modelsvit kits was on sale as well as some built examples to show what you are getting in the box.

zHcYqEl.jpg

T1SXUFz.jpg

I know it is a complete off topic but here are few views of the Eduard Mustang. It is beautiful. Visitors had the chance to fondle four main sprues. Mind you they are all very early test examples, parts missing, parts not moulded completely. They had a silky surface to them, sure a polishing round is still waiting for the production tools.  

oUKEpiS.jpg

6GqGFRy.jpg

B3UaLIR.jpg

Sorry for the off topic. Next it is back to our original subject, that new MiG-21F-13.

Best regards

Gabor

Just before the MiG-21 here are some or most of the hostages that I took from Moson. First the kits.

Modelsvit kindly presented me with that sample boxing of the new Fishbed. Thanks! I was very much looking forward to that Mirage III kit. This was the time to buy it! Had a look inside the box and it is fantastic, I am sure that a natural metal version will be built from it to show off that beautiful surface!

A very interesting kit that I have seen on some forums was on sale and there was no way that I am going to come away without it. The aftermarket company ACE has made a full injection moulded model of the Ka-25 PS in 72 nd scale. I have been looking for this helicopter ever since Airfix had it made, was it 40 or 50 years ago.

Missing till now from the stash was a selection of Zvezda kits including several Mi-24 versions and the two seater Su-27UB. It will be fun to do it and put it next to the SM kit. Thanks Andrey!

s7An6Kk.jpg

Of course there are some bits and pieces also. Some Begemote decals, what else to go with the Zvezda kits. That fantastic MG-42 gun from the Polish Master. Anyone who has visited their stand knows what I am talking about! Some Cold War Studios MiG-25 parts will come in very handy for the ICM kit.

zmi4fcz.jpg

I bought two interesting photo etchings. One is from a Kiev based A2 company. It is a detail set for 72 nd MiG-29 kit, the 9-13 versions but having had a closer look at it, most of the parts if not all are perfect for a 9-12 version too. So just in case I have 2 of the sets.

Another set of interest was from A.M.U.R and it is for 48 th scale Su-27’s with all the gills and intake boundary layer vents. What is interesting about it is that it is made from 0.05mm steel and not the standard 0.2 brass as used by all makers. This results in a paper thin product which if placed on top of the kit surface, perfectly blends in without sticking out for miles like other 0.2mm brass products.

As a prelude to the MiG-21 I had to buy the Second edition of the WWP MiG-21 In Detail book. It is designed for those who missed the first edition a decade or so ago. It is slightly shorter, but mainly because the photos have been rearranged for a better coverage. Some were left out and a lot of new stuff included, like perfect quality period photos of some schemes. The 2 nd edition is, I would say more modeller friendly, there are several drawings explaining the differences between Moscow and Gorkiy produced aircraft with more and far better detail than Edu ever did.

EpEyg4R.jpg

Now next up will be a box opening of that new MiG-21F-13

Best regards

Gabor

So lets see what is in that box.

The kit is made by Modelsvit in Ukraine, scale 1/72, MiG-21F-13 or if it is more understandable for some, this is Type 74 which was used throughout the world even with USAF.

Wylgowx.jpg

I have to agree with some of the earlier comments. The box art is not the greatest but for me what is inside more important. Under the soft cover the kit parts are well protected inside a cardboard box.

6MCWSKk.jpg

Plastic parts are in a bigger plastic bag. A smaller bag is inside with clear parts, the decal, photoetch, painting mask and the small sprue for the ejection seat.

All in all 8 plastic sprues and one with clear parts. The kit builds up from 142 parts.

0ItyEOO.jpg

There is no point in writing too much, the photos should speak for themselves. Just shorts notes.

2YDascZ.jpg

While at Moson of course a quick visit to Master Co stand to get a turned brass pitot tube together with the DUAS vanes as well as a set of MiG static dischargers. I think this will be the only aftermarket addition to this kit.

3nY60fm.jpg

The one and most important sprue with fuselage parts. Of course on MiG-21F-13 only one gun.

kyCQmAv.jpg 

That ingenious cockpit design feature which incorporates the intake ducting and the nose gear bay.  Walls, instrument panels.

hJ2z2lF.jpg

Main gear bay and all that goes with it.

V0qXVuQ.jpg

The R-11-300 engine parts. Love the flame holder rings!

ksHBh5J.jpg

More tomorrow.

Best regards

Gabor