“Everything is Go” advice needed

I’m nearly done with the LVM Studios Soyuz R7 LUT.  It’s been a fun project. I wish I had more experience soldering brass before I started it.  I’m pleased with how it’s turned out.  

I was able to buy their LUT for the 1/110 Mercury Atlas “Everything is Go” Kit before they closed shop.  I wished I had gotten their Space Shuttle complex kits, but wasn’t ready to sell one of my kids kidneys (at the time). 

I’m not a fan of the Revell Mercury Altas rocket that comes in the kit.  How close is it to 1/110?  I’d rather drop in a 1/144 New Ware rocket if it didn’t look too far out of scale.   Will 1/144 be too small to throw into this build if the kit truly scales to 1/110?

Thanks for the help and sell me your unused STS sets that you’ll never build.  😉

Chris 

Gee, I wish you'd share your builds with us ... I, for one, would love to see 'em!

Regarding the scale differences, one drawback might be the base of the Atlas and where it mounts into the launch mountings ... it'll be off in that location. And I'm only going with my recollection of building this kit 45 years ago or so ... plus with LVM's gantry, the Atlas may very well look too out of scale.

The diameter of the Atlas booster in the kit is 0.95" vs the real diameter of 120".  I don't have a length measurement.  Based on the booster diameter the scale works out to ~1/126

The diameter of the Mercury capsule  in the kit is 0.675" vs the real diameter of ~74".   Based on the capsule diameter the scale works out to ~1/110

The Atlas booster in the kit has the same size fairings on each side, IIRC the Atlas-D used for Mercury missions had a shorter length fairing on one side.

I don't have dimensions for the launch pad model but, based on photographs and drawings, it is an abridged representation of the real LC-14 pad structure.

These images from ninfinger.org may help

Ramp-11-12-14.jpg

ServTwr-14&12.jpg