Revell 1/48 F-15E pylons

I recently invested in this kit, but I chose not to put down the bigger bucks for the "with bombs" version, figuring I could source ordnance from weapons sets in the stash. Now I'm wondering, are the pylons provided in the kit appropriate for a ground attack loadout, or am I going to have to go aftermarket for them (assuming there even are any to be had)?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, adamitri said:

The only differences between the boxes are missiles, missiile rails, bombs and decals.

Thanks, adamitri. Which missile rails are included in the "with bombs" kit? All I see mentioned in one review are AIM-9s. If there are more esoteric items as well, can they be sourced from aftermarket?

Thanks again.

You can see the instructions for both kits online.

with bombs

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/6/6/0/145660-88-instructions.pdf

Without bombs

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/7/6/9/540769-56-instructions.pdf

The “without bombs” boxing only includes the following stores:

- 4x AIM-9L with 4x LAU-114 launch rails

- 2x 600 gal drop tanks

-AN/AAQ-13 and -14 LANTIRN navigation and targeting pods.

The “with bombs” boxing includes the above, plus

- 2x AIM-120 with 2x LAU-128 launch rails

- 4x GBU-10

- 2x GBU-15

- one AN/AXQ-14 data link pod.

12 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

You can see the instructions for both kits online.

with bombs

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/6/6/0/145660-88-instructions.pdf

Without bombs

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/7/6/9/540769-56-instructions.pdf

The “without bombs” boxing only includes the following stores:

- 4x AIM-9L with 4x LAU-114 launch rails

- 2x 600 gal drop tanks

-AN/AAQ-13 and -14 LANTIRN navigation and targeting pods.

The “with bombs” boxing includes the above, plus

- 2x AIM-120 with 2x LAU-128 launch rails

- 4x GBU-10

- 2x GBU-15

- one AN/AXQ-14 data link pod.

What dave said.  The only real problem is that its a desert storm era bird. Need (4) LAU-128 rails as the 2 in the kit are undersized, a gps dome, antennas per references and the front CFT hard points changed around 2000 ish. Oh and drill out the JFS grill behind the belly tank. The current Strikes are being updated with -9x equipment, radome is going to get lightning strips and new main landing gear wheels. 

Edited by adamitri
Add ons
42 minutes ago, adamitri said:

What dave said.  The only real problem is that its a desert storm era bird. Need (4) LAU-128 rails as the 2 in the kit are undersized, a gps dome, antennas per references and the front CFT hard points changed around 2000 ish. Oh and drill out the JFS grill behind the belly tank. The current Strikes are being updated with -9x equipment, radome is going to get lightning strips and wheels. 

The LAU-128s are available in the Hasegawa weapons sets and the GPS Bump and antennas can be easily scratched from styrene sheet- it’s not bad of a job really 👍🏻

5 hours ago, adamitri said:

What dave said.  The only real problem is that its a desert storm era bird. Need (4) LAU-128 rails as the 2 in the kit are undersized, a gps dome, antennas per references and the front CFT hard points changed around 2000 ish. Oh and drill out the JFS grill behind the belly tank. The current Strikes are being updated with -9x equipment, radome is going to get lightning strips and wheels. 

Wouldn't at least some of them still have been using AIM-9s in 1990/91? In which case one wouldn't need the LAU-128 rails?

1 hour ago, seawinder said:

Wouldn't at least some of them still have been using AIM-9s in 1990/91? In which case one wouldn't need the LAU-128 rails?

What era F-15E do you want to build?  The initial releases of the kit came out in 2000 and 2001, so any changes to lumps and bumps, antennas, pods, and weapons after that aren’t represented in the kit.  What you want to build will determine what extras you need to get and what mods you need to make to the kit.

46 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

What era F-15E do you want to build?  The initial releases of the kit came out in 2000 and 2001, so any changes to lumps and bumps, antennas, pods, and weapons after that aren’t represented in the kit.  What you want to build will determine what extras you need to get and what mods you need to make to the kit.

I'm looking at the Desert Storm markings, one of the Revell kit options.