Kinetic quality control, question for Raymond

Raymond,

Having built a couple of Kinetic's 1/48 F16's in the past and found them not to be too bad in terms of quality,  I opted to purchase the 1/48 Mirage 2000-5 kit. 

I dug out the Mirage kit at the start of this year and started construction, from the outset I realised that this was going to be a challenging build, however as the build has progressed(it didn't progress far), it became apparent that it is in fact unbuildable . The fuselage halves were so warped that there was no chance in getting them to align and maintaining a level nose wheel bay and cockpit. This would have probably resulted in the whole kit being off considering that the wing halves don't align properly either and the join between the fuselage and wings was also going to be suspect. 

It disappoints me that so little care was giving to this kit and that such a mess could pass quality control.

I'm now £50.00 out  of pocket as the Wolfpack cockpit that I purchased for this build has also been damaged beyond use, due to the ill fitting parts.

Any input or suggestions Raymond?

A very disgruntled customer

Just curious, not to butt in but, has this grievance been e-mailed directly to Kinetic or even PM'd to Raymond or was it just aired out in general public view before the company had any time to fix the issue? If it's the latter then perhaps not the best way to go about it. Just sayin'

Bill

In all honesty it was posted due to frustration and some anger. Was also hoping to hear from others if they had the same problems, as I would be surprised if I was the only one. I did have a look to see if there was anything online but can’t seem to find many documented builds of this kit, maybe it’s due to the poor fit that not many people have finished building it.

I’ll PM Raymond to make him aware.

On a general note, there is far too many such posts on all the internet forums. If one is missing parts, one should contact the manufacturer directly unless they have a country representative who should then be contacted. All brands make mistakes, but all brands do try to correct even if it will take time to get the replacement parts. 

Mind you: this is a general comment and not related to this post in perticular. 

Kinetic has parts replacement service:

http://www.kineticmodel.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4

I didn't use it but had contacted LuckyModel using "My Request" functionality for broken parts replacement. Their service was very good and quick. It might take a while for them to answer as it is Chinese New Year time but they will come through.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:06 AM, scotthldr said:

Raymond,

Having built a couple of Kinetic's 1/48 F16's in the past and found them not to be too bad in terms of quality,  I opted to purchase the 1/48 Mirage 2000-5 kit. 

I dug out the Mirage kit at the start of this year and started construction, from the outset I realised that this was going to be a challenging build, however as the build has progressed(it didn't progress far), it became apparent that it is in fact unbuildable . The fuselage halves were so warped that there was no chance in getting them to align and maintaining a level nose wheel bay and cockpit. This would have probably resulted in the whole kit being off considering that the wing halves don't align properly either and the join between the fuselage and wings was also going to be suspect. 

It disappoints me that so little care was giving to this kit and that such a mess could pass quality control.

I'm now £50.00 out  of pocket as the Wolfpack cockpit that I purchased for this build has also been damaged beyond use, due to the ill fitting parts.

Any input or suggestions Raymond?

A very disgruntled customer

Dear Scotthldr,

When you get the kit ? And what color of the fueslage (White or Gray)?   

During the period from 2011 - 2014, we have a batch of production outsources to our previous contractor where it has some QC issue. The fueslage warping is quite serious. By 2017 July onward, we have our own injection facilities and the QC issue has been largely resolved. Some customer even ask if we retooled the mold.

Anyway, go to www.kineticmodel.com for parts replacement services with photo to see what is your problem, we can send back the new parts to you.

Sorry for the trouble caused, but as every maker, we have journey to learn and establish.

2 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Dear Scotthldr,

When you get the kit ? And what color of the fueslage (White or Gray)?   

During the period from 2011 - 2014, we have a batch of production outsources to our previous contractor where it has some QC issue. The fueslage warping is quite serious. By 2017 July onward, we have our own injection facilities and the QC issue has been largely resolved. Some customer even ask if we retooled the mold.

Anyway, go to www.kineticmodel.com for parts replacement services with photo to see what is your problem, we can send back the new parts to you.

Sorry for the trouble caused, but as every maker, we have journey to learn and establish.

And that is why Raymond and Lucky Model is one of the better on line hobby shops out there. He really cares about his customers.