• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2019 at 8:00 PM, Modelplaneseller said:

I don't have time not energy to argue behind the base of a keyboard, with anyone who chose to entertain such accusations with very little effort to get any information before belittling and being nasty. Im sorry to see you have been so eager to hop on the band wagon. Best regards to you and your entourage. 

Lol, says the guy who is either incarcerated for DUI and your bf Julian is handling the mess you left behind, or, you are in the hospital after an emergency triple-by-pass surgery, (which may be true, you have to bypass the heart to scam people of their hard earned money) so let me know where to send the money? Let me guess, paypal friends and family?

You don't have the time? Make time, you morally corrupt leech. Your parents failed when they raised someone like you, slap them for me next time you see them, tell them it is from the entire honest, hard working people of the world, and one last big slap, thats from me:

Anthony D'Agostino

Vista Grande, Phase 1, Block 9, Lot 29, M2 Las Vegas St

Bulacau, Talisay city

Cebu, PH 6045

If you want me to pin that to a map, let me know, my trusty M4 and I will be waiting!

4 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Calm down there fella.

I am calm Whiskey, just have a real issue with people like this. I struggle enough just to find money for one kit though, and I am certain that I earned it. The scam business has taken off globally based on the internet though, and it always surprises me how someone can grow up a total sociopath without the slightest considering of the damage they do to other people. Something is wrong inside, they are broken, and we have too many broken people these days. I guess I am mostly pissed off that the sanctity of my modelling forums has been damaged by this. I came to the forums to learn, share in the love of the art with like minded people, just sucks to know that it isn't immune to the problems we face in so many other aspects of life. I just wanted to say something that got his attention, made him hopefully take a second look at the choices he has made. If someone told me to slap my parents because of the actions I took, it would devastate me. But I guess that is the difference between us and them.

Anyway, I am all good, look forward to reading the posts and builds of those I joined the group for, and now I know that when buying from here, britmodeller.com and scalemates, I should be a lot more vigilant before I click "pay now" on paypal, so experience gained. I wanted to learn from the masters, but this was not one of the lessons I thought I would need. Such is life, and we move on.

Now back to the good stuff! How in the world do I cut those tiny resin parts off the giant resin block they are attached too? I need to find out before I destroy my delicate resin kit. Funny, the majority of the resin is wasted, with the huge resin base and those tiny little antenna and pitot tubes barely visible to the naked eye, no wonder they cost so much!

Anthony stalker6recon

6 hours ago, Stalker6recon said:

Lol, says the guy who is either incarcerated for DUI and your bf Julian is handling the mess you left behind, or, you are in the hospital after an emergency triple-by-pass surgery, (which may be true, you have to bypass the heart to scam people of their hard earned money) so let me know where to send the money? Let me guess, paypal friends and family?

You don't have the time? Make time, you morally corrupt leech. Your parents failed when they raised someone like you, slap them for me next time you see them, tell them it is from the entire honest, hard working people of the world, and one last big slap, thats from me:

Anthony D'Agostino

Vista Grande, Phase 1, Block 9, Lot 29, M2 Las Vegas St

Bulacau, Talisay city

Cebu, PH 6045

If you want me to pin that to a map, let me know, my trusty M4 and I will be waiting!

Really?  Posting in a thread that’s a couple of months old, with the chance that the other person you’re talking to actually seeing it being approximately zero, and then providing your full address and making threats by saying you’ll be waiting with your trusty M4?  Notice you’ve resurrected some other old threads too and gotten into a bunch of back and forths with others, like commenting on there prices and calling them out for not marking their ads sold, and so on.  Seems to be some pro-grade trolling going on here.

Edited by Dave Williams
1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Seems to be some pro-grade trolling going on here.

Once again, you see it that way, that is your choice. I came here to share in the art and help others as much as they help me, but that will likely take years as I know very little about modern modelling techniques. And while I don't need to explain myself, I will anyways, because you seem to be very interested in comments I make, that have no relation to you. The first one you commented on, was an act of frustration over nit picking a mistake that was already in the process of being corrected, yet there seemed to be know end of whining about it. I got frustrated, as I often do because I live in constant pain from my time in the military, no amount of morphine and oxycodone can take away. Then I was looking for kits to buy, saw a post that not a single member replied too, so I thought I would offer advice for someone to sell their kit faster. He, and you apparently, took that advice poorly, why? I have no idea. I thought I was helping out in the smallest way possible, giving back to those who give so much. How was I to know that he sold the kit, since every other FS post is updated typically, so members don't continue to contact in hopes of buying the kit. Then I read another post, also got my hopes up, only to find out that it is a bogus post, first one I have come across since joining the forum, or any other for that matter. So in a matter of a day or two, I happen across these negative posts that ruin the inital high I had of finding good, honest like minded people who genuinely want to share their love of modelling and even more so, bring the rest of us along by helping us grow our skillset. My post to that idiot who is trying too, and likely succeeded in ripping people off, is my attempt to break through his thick head and get him to ponder the effects of his actions, and what his parents might think if they knew what he is doing. I know if I had a kid that turned out that way, I would be beyond embarrassed. Giving out my address is because I was pissed off. I read that he had been logged in and checking the post, which is why I wrote that, it was for him, not you. Whether that is a wise choice, don't know, but I won't sweat it either way.

Now you don't know me, or like me obviously, which is fine, I won't lose sleep over it. Just sucks that even an attempt to help a fellow member is seen as some sort of slight on my part, that one truly has me baffled. We obviously have not hit it off, even my attempt at comedy was taken poorly, sounds like there is too much black and white with little grey in here for some people, which is a shame. The other art of conversational writing, is being able to convey sarcasm and jokes, but the reader might miss those subtle emotional cues, as obviously occured via the voting joke. Still not sure how that was missed, but it was. A joke that needs explaining, is never going to be funny.

As long as people act properly, I treat then properly. But I have never been someone to sit idly by and say nothing when I see something wrong. That is who I am, likely who I will remain to be and I am proud of that. Too many people are scared to get involved, even when they know what they are witnessing is wrong and needs to be stopped. Not a choice I would make, but thats their choice.

I hope that posts return to what I was hoping for and used too, because the last couple of days has soured my view of the website. Most of the people I have had contact with, have been kind sharing people, my kind of people. Most of my posts are inquisitive and complimentary in nature, which is how I like it. But I can't control what happens on here, or anywhere else, and I refuse to ostracize myself from the reality, good or bad.

Finally, you don't have to like me, I won't lose sleep over it. I will just tell you that your first impressions are far more negative than they need to be. As time passes, the bulk of my content will be positive towards others as long as they treat me in kind. I try to treat everyone with respect, unless they give reason to the contrary. My fuse is short though, and I am honest about that as well. I spend all my waking hours on multiple opiod based pain meds, which also has effects on my reactions, I come to this and other sites to try to distract from the pain and enjoy the content, which is also why I react strongly when someone bursts my bubble. Do I have a strong personality? Yep. Bullheaded sometimes? Yep. But am I a bad person just "trolling"? I would say no, definitely not, I don't start negative posts, just react to them.

So for what it's worth, that is me in a nutshell, and I don't think it is a problem. I am also as much a talker as I am a writer, words just flow out of me, and before I even realize it, I have written a book, this is an example of that. Don't know why I am that way, but I am barely ever at a loss for words, maybe its the Italian in me, who knows.

Now I hope that you would give me a second chance, as there is no reason for hostility between us, just got off on the wrong foot. But if your mind is made up, that is ok as well. I can easiky steer clear of your comments and posts, and would ask that you do the same for mine, if that is the decision you have already made.

Anthony

That was a really long-winded and unnecessary post. The negativity you received is because you are resurrecting old and dead posts without having anything to contribute to them. Whether an attempt at humor or not, a long diatribe ending with you waiting alongside an M4 is in poor taste and particularly lame. We don't need your life story to tell you that, and you shouldn't feel the need to post it in response. You are as welcome here as anyone else, and everyone looks forward to your questions, input, and your completed builds if you feel like sharing them.

1 hour ago, Specter1075 said:

That was a really long-winded and unnecessary post. 

No I get it, I screwed up. I had no idea about the age of the post, still learning my way around. It has been an extraordinary bad two months for my wife and I, and I just lost it, went to too far, for that, I am sorry. We finally got our internet hooked up today after waiting more than a month for the phone company to relocate our service, another stressor that is finally over.

But again, after some thoughtful down time, I realized that my temper can sometimes get the best of me. In the future, I will try to keep it in check. Just sorry I have soured on some people already, I am not a bad guy and want to give back as much as I get.

I promise to walk away before I reflexively let my anger do the talking, but I may mess up again, I am not perfect. To those I offended, I apologize, I hope you can give me a second look, as I assure you that I am better than your first impressions. We are all here for the same reasons, and that should be a uniting factor that can overcome somebody's bad moments, I hope.

Again, for what its worth, I apologize. If you keep an eye on me, and I want you too, you will see that my anger was the exception, not the norm. Some of the barbaric st friendships are born out of rocky beginnings,

Sincerely,

Anthony

PS. Feel free to delete my long winded posts, the "clean slate protocol" as it were.