Parcel from China going to Canada instead of US

Hi,

I ordered a kit from ebay from China, and was provided a tracking number. Searching online, the tracking number is from China to Canada. I am based in the USA. Is it normal for international parcels to go via Canada or other countries than to the US? I know from the ebay posting it will take 2 - 3 months but just wondering if anyone has similar experience.

TIA

flanker27

Hi,

Had exactly the same happen to me: Bought a Kittyhawk 1/48 F-101B and an RF-101C/G/H from China.Even had a tracking number.

Three days ago, I received notification that the package (both kits), had been DELIVERED  to an address in Houston. I live 450 miles from Houston.

Asked seller to help out- he never responded. Asked Ebay to intervene. After 48 hours, got a full refund because the tracking number was BAD!

This pattern seems to be the new trend for SOME packages from overseas. I’ve never had a package from China go through Canada either. But I did have one come from China to New York - and then to its destination in Texas. All without complication.

So this is the second time I’ve had this occur. And now you. More than a coincidence, I should think!

Regards,

Afoxbat

A general warning that may or may not apply to your situation. Some Ebay sellers in Asian countries play a scam in that they never ship your products and give you a bogus tracking number to keep Ebay/PayPal off their back. And then the Ebay/PayPal claim period expires. This is especially prevalent in instances that they specify long delivery times. I'm not saying that this is what happened in your case, but make sure you keep under the Ebay/PayPal time limits for non-delivery claims. 

I had a similar issue with a Kitty Hawk kit I had ordered from China. Item shipped to a town 50 miles away from me, was "delivered" and then "returned to sender", at which point it spent several weeks bouncing around the state and eventually looked like it was finding it's way to me, but never arrived, even after some inquiries with USPS.  Eventually I opened a case with ebay and requested a refund and it was granted almost instantly after the seller ghosted which I was thankful for.  I was able to purchase the kit from another retailer in China and it arrived without issue. 

Were you given a SpeedPak tracking number?  That's what I had on the above mentioned issue. Ebay seller in that case was jingmmm_jak77go, who does not appear to be a seller any longer.

To be honest, considering the number of things I order from overseas, I have only ever encountered an issue twice, both times resolved favorably so I'm probably pretty fortunate.

-Ryan

Thanks everyone for the reply. Its not a speedpak parcel. The ebay seller is magang2019 and has 170+ positive review (though some reviewers has 0 feedback), so I decide to take the plunge and give it a try. I'll monitor the parcel and see where it ends up.

2 hours ago, modelingbob said:

A general warning that may or may not apply to your situation. Some Ebay sellers in Asian countries play a scam in that they never ship your products and give you a bogus tracking number to keep Ebay/PayPal off their back. And then the Ebay/PayPal claim period expires. This is especially prevalent in instances that they specify long delivery times. I'm not saying that this is what happened in your case, but make sure you keep under the Ebay/PayPal time limits for non-delivery claims. 

PayPal claim period is 180 days so playing this game is not going to help. Ebay hides bought items after 60 days but they do show up in resolution center for longer period.

Giving fake tracking number become a habit of some Asian sellers with perfect feedback in 100-200 range. They sell large quantity of stuff and suddenly remove all their listings. If such behavior is observed, there is no hope get ting anything from them.

Sadly you probably just got hosed.  That is happening to me at the moment. Bought something from a Chinese ebayer and they sent it out. After 2 days suddenly the negative feedback flooded in on that same ebayer. Fake tracking # and I have been watching it go all over the midwest the last week but cant do anything about it even though I know whats going to happen. I just gotta wait until its delivered somewhere to get and ebay refund. I rarely get anything off ebay from China but as the old saying goes, "If it sounds too good to be true...'''

Sadly it gives credence to the 'Chinese scam' even though there a plenty out there that are legit.  :dontknow:

Edited by The Dude

It can be risky business ordering from overseas eBay sellers. I tend to stick with sellers who have been in business for a number of years, with feedback in the thousands of transactions and feedback levels over 98% (there will always be a few bad transactions, even with honest sellers). I know I am often passing up on some good deals, but I rather be safe than sorry. Fortunately, eBay and PayPal have tipped the playing field in the buyer favor, much to the dismay of many honest sellers.

• 2 years later...

I never received it, bought a kit from another ebay seller and tell him to confirm my address. He confirm and shipped it, couple of month later I receive a small package with some rubber bands in it. Both seller was delisted from ebay. I now make sure I am buying kits from some model shops on ebay that has been around for a long time. I did manage to get my money back in both case though.

I had a package (kit and some decals) correctly addressed to me in Ireland that ended up in Iran of all places. The Iranians put it back in the post and it got to me about 4 months after I bought it. It was sent from Japan. 

There seems to be a new trend for ebay sellers to use tracking numbers to fudge ebay documents.

Any tracking number will do as long as it is a tracking number that works, ebay accepts it and tells the buyer they package is on its way etc etc meanwhile the seller can pack and ship the package when he likes...

Good scam.