Some pretty cool stuff going on in LA

Imagine looking out of your condo window and seeing this:

message-editor%252F1549589647686-dy18wuu

These guys are the best helo pilots on the planet.   They do these exercises pretty frequently, each time in a different city, to brush up on their urban flying skills.     It's comical to read some of the comments in the local papers from outraged residents. 

On 2/9/2019 at 7:56 AM, 11bee said:

They do these exercises pretty frequently, each time in a different city, to brush up on their urban flying skills.     It's comical to read some of the comments in the local papers from outraged residents. 

They wouldnt be so outraged if they were depending on those men coming to rescue them or thwart off an attack. So tired of all the whining coming from that "state". And I was born there...

1 hour ago, ST0RM said:

They wouldnt be so outraged if they were depending on those men coming to rescue them or thwart off an attack. So tired of all the whining coming from that "state". And I was born there...

Easy there...   These guys do urban drills in pretty much every major city and if you read the local news coverage, you'll see the same comments that the folks in LA had.  Pick one or more from the list that follows and you'll find it in the comments: Deep state black ops, more proof of an overly militarized society, needlessly endangering the public, scaring my kids/dog/cat/goldfish, waste of taxpayer money, can't sleep due to the noise and now have PTSD, etc, etc.

Still nothing compared to the tin foil hat, anti-military hype that came out of TX during the Jade Helm exercise but makes for fun reading nonetheless.

I wonder if they were the ones in Providence, RI a couple years back.  I know people were pretty freaked out over the low flying helos.

Apparently they were.  Half way down this link it states US Army Special Operations Command.

http://www.rifuture.org/army-exercises-in-pvd/

Edited by dekon70
45 minutes ago, dekon70 said:

I wonder if they were the ones in Providence, RI a couple years back.  I know people were pretty freaked out over the low flying helos.

Apparently they were.  Half way down this link it states US Army Special Operations Command.

http://www.rifuture.org/army-exercises-in-pvd/

lol....  those comments are priceless.    Love the pic of the tree branches “cut down by the helicopters”.     

Man, I WISH they would come do exercises like that around my house! How else are you going to get a free private airshow right there in your backyard? Heck, we're so far off the beaten path of any kind of military aviation, that if I see Blackhawks fly over at any altitude I'm ecstatic.

Many years ago in my old hometown, they had a joint training operation at the airfield close by. They had A-10's from Barksdale doing mock strafing runs that I could hear from several miles away. I wanted to run out there to see but I'd heard they'd block traffic from anywhere close to the airstrip.