Auroroa 1/108 (?) C-141A Aftermarket

I've searched the interweb and come up with nothing aftermarket for the old Aurora 1/108 scale C-141A kit.  I inherited an already built example that someone up on the Air Force Academy had hanging in his office.   I'm trying to restore it but having a heck of a time finding decals in this oddball scale.  Anyone aware of anything out there?

The "box scale" Aurora kit came out before the aftermarket decal market appeared. And almost everything the decal companies do are in "constant scale" - 1/144, 1/72, 1/48/1/32 etc. You can probably approximate the sizes of the national insignias and lettering with multi-size decal sheets. If you can measure what you have on the model, I might be able to get you some that will fit or that are close. Contact me off-board at: airflower2   AT  icloud   DOT  com. (replace AT and DOT with the usual)

Don, when I built mine back in the late 1970s, the Aurora decals were dried and cracked and the colors were way too light anyway.  I don't think I was too concerned with accuracy back then, just good enough.  I used generic Microscale US insignia and USAF titles (not sure of exact size, but looked close enough), MS black striping for the wing and tail walkways, the MAC tail band and badges from an Airfix 1/72 C-130E kit and I think the serial and possibly the MAC badges from a MS 1/72 C-130 decal sheet (#72-194?). There are generic number & letter sheets available, as well as the old Microscale USAF Command Insignia sheet #72-190 for the MATS / MAC badges. As to the MAW badge, a custom print may be in order.

Edited by Dutch