How about some more builds

Good day all,

I purchased the Kitty Hawk Su-34 and F-101 kits recently. I can't help but notice a lot of complaints about these kits but none to little builds on the internet.

Can anybody help pushing me in the right direction of a few good build sites for these kits?

Further, I suggest ARC and BM might introduce a new post called builds (or whatever) where actual building of kits (strange I know) instead of gossip, vitriol etc would be featured.

Enjoy your evening all,

On 2/10/2019 at 8:02 PM, serendip said:

Good day all,

I purchased the Kitty Hawk Su-34 and F-101 kits recently. I can't help but notice a lot of complaints about these kits but none to little builds on the internet.

One of our club members showed his KH F-101 last year:

https://www.ipms.nl/regios/regio-zuid-holland/146-regio-zuid-holland-artiklelen/2701-regioavond-zuid-holland-januari-2018

Interestingly he said that the kit fitted well, but you had the test-fit ten times, then glue. The model looked superb, and a metal finish reveals every flaw, so I guess he was right.

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for that, it may be me but it seems good builds, not a waste of time in box review, are harder to find these days.

Once again, thanks for the link,

Groetjes uit Noord Brabant,

Marc.

Edited by serendip
Punctuation issue
43 minutes ago, serendip said:

Rob,

Thanks for that, it may be me but it seems good builds, not a waste of time in box review, are harder to find these days.

Once again, thanks for the link,

Groetjes uit Noord Brabant,

Marc.

Ha, it's a small world, with Dutch modelers that meet on a US forum 🙂

If you want, I can get you in touch with Benno, for a verbal build report. Or, if you're willing to come to a 'regio-avond' in Rijswijk, he can bring the model again.

Rob

On 2/13/2019 at 12:14 PM, Rob de Bie said:

Ha, it's a small world, with Dutch modelers that meet on a US forum 🙂

Just as I am sure that you would not like to be mistaken for a Belgian, remember that ARC is run by a Canadian.......

8 hours ago, RCAFFAN said:

Just as I am sure that you would not like to be mistaken for a Belgian, remember that ARC is run by a Canadian.......

I guess I've been on ARC for 20-25 years now, and I never knew that! Anything ending with .com is American for me..

Rob

Edited by Rob de Bie
1 hour ago, Rob de Bie said:

I guess I've been on ARC for 20-25 years now, and I never knew that! Anything ending with .com is American for me..

Rob

I had a talk with my wife's Uncle in Germany like that once. "Ah, an Canadian is just an American". I called him French. Then he saw my point and agrees we are Canadian.

On 2/10/2019 at 10:02 PM, serendip said:

Can anybody help pushing me in the right direction of a few good build sites for these kits?

Sure thing, I finished an F-101 A/C last year on a BM, you'll find it here: Kitty Hawk 1/48 F-101 A/C «Voodoo». Feel free to ask any Voodoo-related questions!

Cheers! 😎

On 2/10/2019 at 1:02 PM, serendip said:

Good day all,

Further, I suggest ARC and BM might introduce a new post called builds (or whatever) where actual building of kits (strange I know) instead of gossip, vitriol etc would be featured.

Enjoy your evening all,

I dont know where you heard a lot of complaints about the Su-34. It has it's troubles but is by far the better 1/48 scale Su-34 on the market and can build up into a nice aircraft model.

The Voodoo is another story. It was critiqued heavily.