I finished the Spad last autumn right before my computor gave out.
Nothing much to say, fantastic kit and lovely to build! I had great fun weathering it ๐Ÿ˜„

Tamyia 1/48th scale Douglas A-1H Skyraider

enjoy the pics...there are a couple more models I have to shoot for the display case too so stay tuned.

DSC_4135_zpsr9bbwqnu.jpg

DSC_4137_zps6lypfow1.jpg

DSC_4139_zpszkufqheg.jpg

DSC_4141_zpsblpwie7y.jpg

DSC_4143_zpsrdc7vqpl.jpg

DSC_4145_zpsgoao9yca.jpg

DSC_4147_zps9nzc2gkh.jpg

DSC_4150_zps2uf4ksng.jpg

more in part2

Edited by Aigore
1 hour ago, Bob Beary said:

Greatย model and superb photography!!

ย 

How are you lighting the model and keeping the background black!

ย 

Thanks,

ย 

Bob

Thanx Bob ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

Ah, the world of photo editing ๐Ÿ˜› I use Adobe Lightroom for editing the picture. I shoot in RAW format and bring the picture into the LR program, tweak the picture until I looks good then Inuse a radial tool and "paint" the background with a dark mask and then I erase the mask covering the model, thus making the model pop against a dark background.

13 hours ago, Aigore said:

Thanx Bob ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

Ah, the world of photo editing ๐Ÿ˜› I use Adobe Lightroom for editing the picture. I shoot in RAW format and bring the picture into the LR program, tweak the picture until I looks good then Inuse a radial tool and "paint" the background with a dark mask and then I erase the mask covering the model, thus making the model pop against a dark background.

ย 

Thank you for the quick and easy to understand reply.!! I figured it was more than just the lights.

ย 

And superb weathering on that model!!

3 hours ago, Bob Beary said:

ย 

Thank you for the quick and easy to understand reply.!! I figured it was more than just the lights.

ย 

And superb weathering on that model!!

You're welcome and thank ๐Ÿ™‚

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

Beautiful Skyraider! Can you imagine how fun it would be to

be a young Air Force Lt. flying Skyraiders out of Thailandย 

for a year!ย 

ย 

Cheers...Ron

Thanx Ronย  ๐Ÿ˜„

exciting at the very least!

On 4/3/2021 at 11:12 PM, Aigore said:

In a nostalgic mood today, looking through old builds to find my mojo ๐Ÿ˜›ย  <...>

ย 

Mojo is an iffy, mercurial thing. I really want to continue with my Migs - got an idea for weathering on the Bulgarian Fishbed that sounds great in my head -, but at the same time, I also really kinda don't want to.ย  :doh: Instead I'm looking at modelling videos on teh YouTubes, only to constantly find that now it's too late at night to continue on the MiGs, but I'll definitely do it tomorrow. Yeah, right.... :rolleyes:

Good luck finding your mojo. :thumbsup:

ย 

On 4/3/2021 at 11:12 PM, Aigore said:

<...> Dang I was pleased with this Sandy ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

And rightly so! :worship: Looks like the blood sacrifice really paid off. :coolio:

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 5:51 AM, ChernayaAkula said:

ย 

Mojo is an iffy, mercurial thing. I really want to continue with my Migs - got an idea for weathering on the Bulgarian Fishbed that sounds great in my head -, but at the same time, I also really kinda don't want to.ย  :doh: Instead I'm looking at modelling videos on teh YouTubes, only to constantly find that now it's too late at night to continue on the MiGs, but I'll definitely do it tomorrow. Yeah, right.... :rolleyes:

Good luck finding your mojo. :thumbsup:

ย 

ย 

And rightly so! :worship: Looks like the blood sacrifice really paid off. :coolio:

Thanxย  Moritz ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

the mojo is still not found tho ๐Ÿ˜›