Kitty Hawk 1/48 F-35B version 3.0

16 minutes ago, F4DPhantomII said:

What are the differences in this kit and the original? Thanks. 

Kitty Hawk KH80102 1/48 F-35B lighting II (NEW EDITION version 3.0)

If its like version 2, which it probably is, than nothing other than new decals.

4 hours ago, Niels said:

V3 do not have the additional weapons of V2, and a new decal sheet. Also the plastic is light grey and not dark grey.  

V1: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10194956

V2: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10295518

V3: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10547647

V3 also has a different photoetch fret with part to detail the exhaust nozzle.

4 hours ago, habu2 said:

New decals and different color plastic won't fix the shape issues.....

With all due respect habu,  what are the shape issues?  I'm not saying it doesn't have it,  I just like to know where they are?

8 hours ago, B.Sin said:

With all due respect habu,  what are the shape issues?  I'm not saying it doesn't have it,  I just like to know where they are?

For starters the shape of the rear sponsons around the horizontal and vertical stabs is inaccurate and the PTMS exhaust is missing. 

Meng got these right. 

44 minutes ago, habu2 said:

For starters the shape of the rear sponsons around the horizontal and vertical stabs is inaccurate and the PTMS exhaust is missing. 

Meng got these right. 

Thank's. Other than that, no major issues? It looks pretty good to me, although I wish MENG, or some o ne else would do one.

4 hours ago, B.Sin said:

Thank's. Other than that, no major issues? It looks pretty good to me, although I wish MENG, or some o ne else would do one.

I understand there is a great lack of detail around the rear nozzle area. Pretty much just the articulating nozzle there. KASL does make nice sets for the wheel wells, weapons bay, rear nozzle, rear nozzle, cockpit and air intake and drive shaft for the ducted fan in the fuselage. Oh, also corrected vertical and horizontal tails. Probably at least a couple hundred dollars to fix all issues and really detail the kit.

KASL was going to make a set for the inside fuselage detail around the rear nozzle, but it appears they have given up on that project.

Edited by Mstor

Never thought of the KASL nozzle solving the issue of straightening the the Kittyhawk F-35B nozzle for ie inflight modes. Thanks for the tip - this has always put me off from buying the F-35B 😉