ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wow, this is going to be good. I have several builds to do this year.

Horizons Rockets, Mercury Redstone and Mercury Atlas I'll build in my other thread.

To do:

1/48 Lunar Module (Challenger)

1/16 Astronaut (Ed Mitchell with scratch built Tool cattier)

1/144 Seaking with CM. (Similar to my Apollo 13 dio)

1/12 Astronaut (Charlie Duke, to add with my Apollo 16 LRV with John Young)

I'll add pics this arvo.

Alright! Welcome to the GB. Looking forward to seeing your works. I'm planning on maybe touching up and re-sculpting some of my astronaut figure so I'll definitely be paying attention to yours!

Bill

Thanks Bill, I'll do my best. So the Horizon Redstone and Atlas will be over in my other thread. I've had the LM for 3 years, it's changed from Apollo 12 to 14 to 15 to now 17. The SeaKing will be hovering over the Apollo 11 capsule on the ocean scene. That CM I cast from the Apollo 11 Dicast Saturn V re-entry CM.

ED Mitchell here, will be pulling along the two wheeled tool carrier.

IMG_4882

John Young will soon have Charlie Duke sitting next to him.

Edited by ApolloMan

Nice to see you here Mick!

So the CM will be with the SeaKing, is the LM gonna be a separate diorama?

And you've got till the end of August to get all these done ... I'm gonna enjoy watching 'em all come together!

Pete

Edited by K2Pete

Well Pete, the SeaKing is 1/144, small n should be a quick build. I know it says no aircraft, but with the CM in the water, hehe, it should pass. 

The LM, I may just have it stand alone atm. Just until I can complete the others, it will be last to start.

I have the 1/16 ED nearly complete and the 1/12 Charlie, should only need painting as its 3D printed. 

Hopefully these will come one after the other and get as many done as possible. With all the Sea time I have this year.

My big Apollo project is on the back burner, more on that later.

You guys are all going well in the Group. I've been looking over all of them since being back. I have allot of catch up to do

20190217_185139

So I made a start on the Apollo 11 dio. These little SeaKings are gems, such detail in such a small scale. Undicided if I'll have the "64" support aircraft with "OLD 66".

Quite frustrating as this one has only the Apollo 13 decals, and I need to make it into Apollo 11, where as the 1/48 Apollo 11 Seaking model, I bought years ago, I had to buy after market Apollo 13 decals.

This CM is cast from my Bandai kit, I'll add putty float collar and float balls, along with 2 rafts.

20190217_183404received_357445345092212

I also bought these small figures to add as divers and crew.

So far ... so good. The 'water' looks pretty good already!   :thumbsup:

And are those tiny figures flat in profile? They actually look like they're fully formed figures ...

Pete

Yar fully formed, do need some small details added, like life jackets, dive tanks. The water, I may need to fix still. It was a rough sea state on the day of recovery. I have the second Helo done and will spray them soon. They are fairly straight forward builds. The rafts n collars I'm dreading, so small. I'll get there.