1/48 Revell B1 bomber new kit

It's on my list of "to get" as I missed out on previous releases of the kit. Same with most of their 2019 1/32 aircraft as well.

I wonder if Revell will finally get a U.S. distributor this year to allow for easier and more affordable access to their kits...

The price range is somewhere around $120-150 yes? I want one but I really don't know if I can shell out that much for some plastic all at once. Heck I haven't even been able to pick up a Tamiya F-14D yet because of my conservative budgeting.

Well I have one so I guess I am lucky. Mine is the initial release with the built model on the box in flight. Anyway, I wonder if those PE updates are for the vortex generators on the tail? Now that would be great. To be honest I never knew Eduard did a set so maybe I should look there too. Not too concerned about the cockpit as not much can be seen anyway. Oh and I have the Barracuda sets so halfway there.

3 hours ago, andrew.deboer said:

Yeah, that kit's a bummer. It should at least come with turkey feather-less exhaust nozzles just like Revell did in their F-15E many years ago [I know, not the same engine, but same construction]. 

No-one is aware that the old Verlinden 1/48 PE featherless exhausts are as great bits as any resin-made ones and half as expensive as those resin detailed ones? They even looked the thinnest than any other featherless resin exhaust until KA Models released theirs.

I remember having secured 10 sets in the moment they were released back in the early '90s.

On 2/13/2019 at 6:05 PM, adamitri said:

My problem is where to put it once built.... i guess i can moved my wifes car to the street and put the B-1 in the parking spot.

I don't think displaying the Revell 1/48 Bone kit would take that much space, unless you wanted to do something like this:

VQ6dtQE.jpg

znpEVVY.jpg

0Rj7aDI.jpg

mnWqhlI.jpg

I mean, as if the beast were not big enough with her wings swept back!

Geeeez...

Onigiri 

3 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

I don't think displaying the Revell 1/48 Bone kit would take that much space, unless you wanted to do something like this:

VQ6dtQE.jpg

znpEVVY.jpg

0Rj7aDI.jpg

mnWqhlI.jpg

I mean, as if the beast were not big enough with her wings swept back!

Geeeez...

Onigiri 

Damn Onigiri!! Is that yours?!!

On 2/12/2019 at 10:21 AM, Dave Williams said:

It will take more than a few frets of PE to update that old kit.  Unless they plan on updating some of the plastic, you’ll probably still need to invest in the BarracudaCast sets.

This is an understatement!

On 2/13/2019 at 8:44 PM, Doppelgänger said:

No-one is aware that the old Verlinden 1/48 PE featherless exhausts are as great bits as any resin-made ones and half as expensive as those resin detailed ones? They even looked the thinnest than any other featherless resin exhaust until KA Models released theirs.

I remember having secured 10 sets in the moment they were released back in the early '90s.

Well, now they know!!!🤬

Better hurry and buy those that are still available on eBay then😎

20 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

Damn Onigiri!! Is that yours?!!

Hooker, mate! :wave:

I wouldn't have space where to display a monster with her wings spread like that!

4 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I used to have Verlinden’s PE 1/48 F-15 Featherless exhausts, and got rid of them.  Far too complex to build, as well as being unrealistically thin.

They may be complex to build, yeah, but no way they're unrealistically thin. In fact, the only resin feathers that are as thinner to them are the new KA Model ones that I purchased a couple of months ago, and those are the best resin feathers I've seen so far. All the rest are unrealistically coarse.