Just thought I'd post my first test print of my 1/48 King Air project. I really don't know why I picked this plane, but I just had to have one in my collection. I still have some fine tuning to do on it..

Vince

51687673_10156365657807636_6796085047775461376_n.jpg

52105034_10156364952932636_5566218164678688768_n.jpg

Edited by Vince Maddux

I hate to disappoint anyone that wants one but I'm really not making this for market.  I'm still learning the ups and downs of 3D printing and drawing the plane in 3d took over 250 hours. plus the few parts you see took 11 hours to print and I still have landing gear,props and a cockpit to print. 

One big thing about 3D printing is it really doesn't produce a smooth surface , you can still see the layering of the plastic in that parts. Nothing that Mr Surface and or a thick primer and sanding can't fix. That's fine for me the model builder to do the extra work but I don't think its fair to sell a model with a rough finish to you the customer .

Although, if I can make something good enough to market I would like to pair up with a resin caster. That way I  can finish a polish the parts before they are cast and you would get a nice resin model out of it.

But I do appreciate everyone that has shown interest in getting one.

Vince

13 hours ago, Alternative 4 said:

I for one love the king air, especially in RAAF colours.

One question, do you get surface detail like panels lines?

I'm working on figuring out how to draw panel lines in 3d.  I'm sure there is an AutoCad trick to it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 9:47 PM, DrGlueblob said:

Maybe talk to the fellow at wwwcivilizedmodels.com

(Dont personally know the guy, but he does some fine work)

After what I have been reading about them ,I'll pass.

• 4 months later...