large scale us army helicopters

They are the ones made formerly by 21st Century Toys - Ultimate Soldier line, bought out by BBI and Merit. They made the Huey, Kiowa, Blackhawk, Apache, AH-1W Super Cobra, and OH-6/MH-6. I have the Huey and was working on correcting the inaccuracies but never finished. I was given a 1:18 Kiowa when I left the program after 6 years.

They are not kits outside of 'some assembly required. They are also pricey now but are a good base. Some folks have converted them to RC.

Just Ebay search on 1:18 helicopters.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by snake36bravo

Here's a 1:18 Apache that just sold for $118.50 plus $40 shipping. Boxed you'll pay over $200 unless you get 'a deal deal'.

1:24 is about as big as you get with scale helicopter model kits and it's limited to a few.

Anyway good hunting.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by snake36bravo

The only 1/24 helicopter I know about is the old Monogram UH-1C.  Which isn't that well detailed.

maxresdefault.jpg

The largest scales with quite a few options are 1/32 and 1/35.  Most modern helicopters are available in one of these two scales.  

Here are a coupe of lists that include kits, accessories, references, and builds to see what is available:

1/35 helos:  https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=All&q=1%2F35+helicopter*

1/32 helos:  https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=All&q=1%2F32+helicopters

Edited by HeavyArty