1/144 KLu KDC-10 Decals - MikroMir 1/144 KC-10/KDC-10 Release

• 3 weeks later...

Not that I am aware of.

I know Hasegawa has done them in 1/200 but no 1/144.

Was hoping Caracal would include them on the KC-10 sheet but that didn't happen.

Lex, Bedankt voor het antwoord.  Other than USAF, only the KLu & Omega operate KDC-10 tankers, so it is highly unlikely that Caracal or any other major decal manufacturer would release them.  I thought that perhaps Revell GMBH would have included them in a release of the kit, but apparently it only released it once.  I also thought that perhaps IMPS Nederlands would have released a set.  So it will have to be self designed and printed for now.  Alle beste wensen, Dutch

You are welcome.

Revell released it more than once but both of the releases had USAF markings (one white top and one all grey).

Not sure if it works but would scaling up the hasegawa decals work? Downside is that those decals were for the white scheme and not the 2 tones grey scheme they fly in nowadays.

Greetings Lex

• 2 months later...

Lex, 

Have you seen that MikroMir has announced a 1/144 KC-10?  No word on delivery date yet.  I imagine that the parts breakdown will be very similar to their MD-11 kit.  One can only hope that they will also include KLu KDC-10 decals along with the USAF decals.

kc10.jpg

Edited by Dutch
correct spelling
  • 3 months later...

On second thought, too much effort. I could cobble together the serial and maybe use the KLu titles, but I still have to source a lot of other decals.  So, I will use the Flevo decals on a C-130H-30 and hope that MikroMir/AMP includes KLu decals along with the KC-10 decals.

Edited by Dutch
  • 1 month later...

Wonderful news! MikroMir/AMP have included KLu KDC-10 decals in their KC-10 boxing!  Ooorah!  The kit is set to be released in January 2020.  I can't wait!  No plastic test shots yet, but the decals and artwork are included in this link from Hobby Search Japan.

This kit comes with Eastern Express DC-10-30, a micro-mill new injection parts aerial refueling boom and 7 types of decals (2 types of US Air Force high-vis, 3 types of US Air Force low-vis, 2 types of Dutch Air Force).
-Since the aerial refueling boom can be selected for storage and use, it can be combined with an optional 1/144 scale military aircraft model such as the company's B-2 Spirit to create a diorama during refueling. .

Edited by Dutch
On 11/22/2019 at 3:53 PM, Dutch said:

Wonderful news! MikroMir has included KLu KDC-10 decals in their KC-10 boxing!  Ooorah!  The kit is set to be released in January 2020.  I can't wait!  No plastic test shots yet, but the decals and artwork are included in this link from Hobby Search Japan.

This kit comes with Eastern Express DC-10, a micro-mill new injection parts aerial refueling boom and 7 types of decals (2 types of US Air Force high-visi, 3 types of US Air Force low-visi, 2 types of Dutch Air Force).
-Since the aerial refueling boom can be selected for storage and use, it can be combined with an optional 1/144 scale military aircraft model such as the company's B-2 Spirit to create a diorama during refueling. .

Thanks for the info Dutch. I was just on ebay today and it is listed but does not say not released as yet or I could not find where they say that in the listing. Price seems ok and the decal does look good.